26: How To Save A Life

"You got me a piano?!" I exclaimed, running over to it.

Josh nodded. "Yup,".

"Thank you!" I yelled, running into his arms. He hugged me back and chuckled.

"Wait... How did you know I played piano?" I asked. I've never told him that before...

"I can read your miiiind," he said all creepy like, I chuckled.

"Well thank you," I smiled.

I looked at the piano and pressed a few of the keys, smiling to myself. It was a beautiful black grand piano with the shiniest paint on it I've ever seen. All of the keys worked, and they were all really shiny and clean as well.

"This is amazing.." I whispered, making the guys laugh a little.

"Oh and," Josh said, raising a finger and walking somewhere.

"How many more surprises do you have?!" I laughed.

"That's for me to know and you to figure out," he said, carrying something else over, which was also covered in a blanket.

He laid it on the ground next to me and the piano, and took the blanket off. It was a piano stool!

"Josh you didn't have to spend so much money on me!" I smiled and put the stool in front of the piano and sat down.

"Yes I did," he smiled. "Play us a song."

"Oh well.... I mean I've never played in front of anyone and it's been years.." I said.

"Please," he begged.

I sighed and placed my fingers on some keys and started playing How To Save A Life by The Fray. This was a pretty simple song, so I knew I wouldn't mess up in front of them. Hopefully...

I finished the song and all of the guys clapped. Josh whistled with his fingers in his mouth and I covered my ears.

"How the heck do you whistle that loud?!" I laughed, removing my hands.

He shrugged, opening his arms. I stood up and hugged him, laying my head on his shoulder.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too,"
.
.
.
"Victoria get ready!" Josh yelled from upstairs. I was sitting on the couch again and I was now watching some other Christmas movie which I didn't know the name of.

"Why?" I said as Josh walked into the kitchen behind me.

"We're going for Christmas dinner at my parents house." He explained.

I gulped. "Oh.."

"What's wrong?" He asked, looking at me with concern.

"It's just... No never mind.." I said, shaking my head and heading towards the stairs.

"Victoria," Josh said, I stopped in my tracks and turned around to look at him.

"They've never met me before, what if they don't like me?" I asked. Josh had a 'really?' Kind of look on his face.

"It's true," I rubbed my arm.

"Victoria," he walked over to me and placed his hands on my shoulders. "They'll love you," he kissed my head and I nodded.

"Okay," I said.

He smiled at me. "You good?" He showed his teeth.

"Yeah," I smiled. He nodded and ruffled my hair. I turned around and went upstairs to get dressed.

I decided to wear a white tank-top and a black high waisted skirt. I put a loose red cardigan type thingy over my shirt and slipped on some black converse. For Christmas Josh gave me a headband which had a small Santa hat on the right side of it. I put it on and looked at myself in the mirror.

I really hope they like me... If they don't, Josh might send me back and get someone better...

I walked out of my room and went downstairs. I looked up and saw all of the guys. Josh was sitting in the recliner on his phone, Mike was sitting on the couch, also on his phone, Matt was sitting against the countertop, and Ian was sitting at the table.

"Boo!" I said and they all looked in my direction.

"You look nice," Matt smiled.

"Thank you sir," I said all fancy like, making everyone chuckle.

We got in the van and this time Ian drove, Matt sat in the passenger seat, Mike sat behind Ian, Josh sat behind Matt and I sat between them, as usual.

Since it was December, it was already dark out though it was only around 7:40pm. I stared out the window as we drove and thought about what to say to make Josh's family like me. I bit my lip.

Josh must've noticed because he grabbed my hand.