1

Dan

This is a story about me and my best friend Phil.

-

It was just another boring day. I was in my room, laying on my bed, scrolling through tumblr. I was planning on filming a video today, but it was far too late to do that now. Whatever, I'll just do it tomorrow.

Yeah right i will. Me and my bloody procrastinating.

I closed my laptop, stretched my arms and yawned. It was 10:34 pm. I had to get something for dinner. I barely ate anything today, because I was too busy reblogging stuff on tumblr and having existential crisis.

I got up and walked downstairs to the kitchen. My roommate Phil was there. He's a cool lad. We've been best friends for years now. That friendship was really something special for me, because I've never had a best friend before. Phil gave me hope in life, and he is the reason for everything good that has ever happened to me. I never wanted to loose him. The only problem was... well, let's just say that I was not exactly straight, and I maybe liked Phil a bit mire than just a friend.

And you just can't imagine how much that sucked.

He was drinking tea. Every time he took a sip his glasses steamed up. Phil wearing glasses only made me realize that I was even less straight than I originally intended.

"Oh, hey" I said and smiled at him.

He looked up from his phone and smiled back. Then he went back to texting and took another sip from his cup. Then he put his cup down and held his phone with both of his hands to type a reply.

I walked across the room to get some lucky charms. I took the cereal out of the counter and poured some into my bowl. Then I added some milk. I took my bowl, put in on the table next to Phil and sat down.

"So... Who are you texting?"

"Cat." He said, still looking at his phone. "She's staying in London for a week. She's planning on filming a video tomorrow and she's asking if we could come over. Are we free?"

"Yep," I answered, popping the 'p' "I wasn't planning on anything else than tumblr so I guess we can go."

"Good. Because I already told her we are coming anyway." he laughed.

"What if i was planning on meeting with my girlfriend?"

"You don't have a girlfriend, Dan"

"How would you know?"

He rolled his eyes. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

"No"

"See, I knew it."

I smiled. "But you know, I could be planning on... I don't know, something"

"I just know you too well"

"You know nothing about me"

He laughed. His laugh is so beautiful. Everytime he laughed, he poked his tongue out of his mouth a bit. It was a weird thing to to, but I loved it so much. The sound of his laugh always made the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. "Oh silly, of course I do. It's been, like, three years! I think."

"Holy shit. Three years? Time just flies by."

"I know right? I still remember when you used to fangirl about me" he teased.

"Shut up, you loved it!"

"Who said I didn't?"

I looked at him and smiled. God, he's so adorable. He looked back at me and we locked eyes. I felt my face heat up. Oh god, I'm blushing. I quickly looked away, so he wouldn't notice the red tint on my face. That was embarrassing.

"So how was your day?" He asked, taking another sip from his cup, which caused his glasses to steam up again.

"Pretty damn boring" I answered and finally started eating my cereal that I completely forgot about. It was turned into a weird sugary mush that was really disgusting to eat, but I was really hungry. Like i said before, I barely ate all day. "I was pretty much just on the internet. I went outside for a short walk but it's just too cold. You?"

"Meh," he answered, "I was just thinking."

"About what?"

"Nothing."

"Really? So you were just thinking about nothing the whole day, then? Come on, Phil. Tell me!"

He turned off his phone and looked at me in the eyes.

"Dan."

My heart started racing. Was it something important? Something about me? Was he thinking about me? About how we would be togethe-

"I was thinking about..."

He took a deep breath and got even closer to me. What the hell was he doing?

Then all of the sudden he screamed really loudly in my ear. I jumped in the air and squealed.

"PHIL!" I yelled "I almost had a fricking heart attack!"

But he was laughing too hard to respond.

"Oh my god, Dan! I scared you so much!"

"No you didn't, shutup!"

"It feels so good to finally get you back for all of the pranks!"

"You're so mean."

"You love me."

I chuckled, "I do"

He smirked at me. Why is everything he does so cute and sexy at the same time?!

"I know you do"

"Do you love me back though?"

"Of course, Dan" he laughed, his voice full of sarcasm. "Anyway, I need to get some sleep. See ya tomorrow." He put his cup in the sink and started walking up the stairs.

"Good night, Phil"

"Night. And don't stay on tumblr for too long okay? We need to get up early tomorrow to get to Cat's on time"

"Yes, mum"

"Good boy. Bye now."

"Bye. I love you" I said, whispering the last part. It was just so unfair. It was so unfair for him to be so cute. And hot. And fucking perfect. Why? This whole thing would be much easier if Phil wasn't straight.

I sighed and put my bowl in the dishwasher.

Then I went back to bed and stayed on tumblr till 2 am.