7

***another month later***

Phil

"Party at Louise today at 7pm. Its her birthday. We up for it?" I heard my boyfriend yell from upstairs.

I sighed. I was never really a party type. I didn't like parties at all, actually, because Dan's top priority was getting drunk. And by drunk I mean completely hammered.

But, it's Louise's birthday and she's one of our best friends, so we can't miss out on that.

"Alright." I sighed. I hears footsteps coming down the stairs.

"You know, we don't have to go. I'm not quite feeling it either" Dan said, laying down at the sofa and resting his head in my lap.

"I don't want to, really, but we should. It's her birthday, you know." I moved his fringe out of his face.

"I dunno, babe. I would much rather spend time with you, to be honest."

"Hey, you will spend time with me." I said, gently running my fingers through his hair. "The only difference will be that we will be surrounded by people.... people that don't know that we're together yet." I sighed.

"I know, it's a pain in the butt." He cleared his throat. "Just like last night, right?"

"Shutup!" I giggled and pushed him playfully, causing him to almost fall off the sofa.

"Fff-Jesus, Phil!" He said, quickly grabbing onto my arm, so he wouldn't fall. I laughed.

"What's so damn funny, Phil?"

I giggled. "You."

He smirked. "Oh I'll show you something reeeeally funny. Just watch."

"Dan what the hell are yo- AGH!" I squeaked as Dan started tickling me.

"Dan, s-stop, p-plea-se!" I could barely finish the sentence, because I was laughing too hard.

He started laughing as well. "What's so funny now, huh? I can't hear you through all of your laughing, Phil!"

My eyes were tearing up from all the laughing. "D-Daaaan, st-ooo-p!" I managed to get out.

He giggled once more and finally let go. "Here. That'll teach you."

The laughter finally died down. I was laying on the sofa, with hands over my stomach, that was still hurting from the laughing.

Dan climbed on top of me and smiled down at my face. "You look really cute when you laugh." He pointed out.

"I hate you."

He giggled, pecking my nose.

"I know you do. That's exactly why you've stayed with me for two months. Now come on, we need to get ready for the
par-tey."

He leaned down and kissed my lips quickly. Then he checked the clock.

"It's 6 already? Phil, we have to hurry up, we don't wanna be late, do we? Get up, get up, get up!"

"Okay fineeee, gimme a second!" I whined.

"Okay" he said, "I'll go get ready and then get a gift for Louise. What should I get her?" He asked, running upstairs.

"I don't know... Just get her roses and wine. And maybe something cute. I really dont know. I'm not the best with gifts."

"Okay. You should write her a card."

He ran up the stairs, into his room. I slowly got up and went up to the bathroom to straighten my hair. I washed my face with cold water. I instantly felt more awake. I went back to my room and put on a pair of skinny jeans and a blue and black button-up shirt. I took off my glasses and put in my contact lenses. I didn't really like wearing my glasses in public. Probably just because I wasn't used to it.

I checked the time.

6:13.

We need about fifteen minutes to get to Louise's house, so I still have about half an hour. I found some cardboard and cut out a square. Then I got some red paper and cut out a few hearts. I glued them on the cardboard square. I took a black pen and drew smiley faces on the hearts. Okay. That looks good.

'Dear Louise! Thank you for being such an amazing person. You've always been nice and we have always seen you as one of the best people we know. We hope you'll stay like that forever. Happy birthday! With love, from Dan & Phil.'

I added a little heart at the end. I threw some glitter, because, Louise was Sprinkleofglitter. I mentally congratulated myself for a great pun.

I blew the extra glitter off and put the card in and envelope. I checked the time again.

6:20

I still have 25 minutes.

I sighed.

What should I do?

The front door opened and interrupted my thoughts.

"Hey, love." I greeted.

No answer.

"Dan?"

Still no answer.

I got a bit worried. Who could this be? Who had the keys to out apartment? I went downstairs to see who it is.

No.

It can't be!

But she was there.

Catherine.