16

Dan

This was the only thing left to do. This was the only thing I wanted to do.

I took a pen and scribbled a note on a piece of paper. Tears were falling on the note and made it a complete mess. It was still readable, so I didn't bother writing a new one. I left it on my table and headed downstairs.

In some strange way, I was really happy. All if this suffering would finally end.

I was breathing heavily and tears kept rolling down my cheeks. I never said a proper goodbye to him. I'll miss him. I bet that I will miss him even when I'm dead.

I wanted to feel his arms wrap around me again. I wanted to feel his lips against mine again. I just wanted him. But I couldn't wait any longer. I was putting myself through too much, waiting for him, just wanting him to come back, when I knew that he was never going to return.

He had Catherine, they seemed happy. He was probably happier with her than he ever was with me.

It was pretty late, it was getting dark outside and it was raining.

I put on my shoes, and left the house, not bothering to put on my jacket.

Phil

It was raining.

Wow, rain, you're making this so much easier, I thought. I never liked driving in the rain. I mean, I my eyes weren't the best at their job anyway, so I was practically blind. I mean yeah, I wore glasses, but it just wasn't the same. And the rain didn't exactly help.

I was driving a car that I rented. I did it because I didn't have my own car and I couldn't wait for a taxi.

There was no people except for a woman in a pink raincoat. She was holding her daughter by her hand. The little girl waved at me and I smiled. I loved seeing happy people.

Soon, I arrived to our apartment. I still had the keys in the pocket of my jacket. I parked the car and rushed to the door. I wanted to unlock it, but it was opened, at my surprise. Did someone break in? I was getting nervous. If anything happened to him, I don't even know what I would do. I pushed the door open.

"Dan?" I yelled.

No answer. I was seriously concerned at this point. What happened to him? Did someone do something to him?

I ran upstairs to his room.

"Dan? Dan, are you-" I opened the door, but there was nobody there. The room was surprisingly tidy. The only thing out of place was a small note on the table. I took it in both of my hands and read it.

This is my suicide note.

"No" I whispered. Tears started running down my face.

There was a lot more written, but I didn't mind. I didn't want to miss my last chance to save him. I rushed down to my car. Tears were running down my face and sobs were escaping my mouth.

I know where he is.

I have to make it on time.

Dan

I was standing on the edge of London bridge. The wind was blowing into my back and the raindrops were mixing with my tears. The sky was dark grey, almost black, and so was the water below me. I had a lump in my throat, but I knew exactly what I wanted to do. And it was now or never. I tilted my head back, so the rain hit my face. My hair was a mess and my clothes were soaked, but it didn't matter. Nothing mattered anymore.

This was the end.

I took a deep breath in. I was ready to jump.

But before I could do it-

I heard a car door oped behind me.

"Dan I swear to god, if you jump I'm going to kill you!" He yelled, his voice breaking.

Phil.

More tears started falling down my cheeks. "Phil, please stay away" I said with a shaking voice.

He started running towards me. "Phil, please, stay away!" I shouted again, but he didn't stop.

I wanted to jump before he could reach me, but I couldn't. Something was stopping me. I wasn't sure what, but whatever it was, it didn't let me jump.

I sat down on the edge, my back facing the water, my front facing the road. I covered my face with both of my hands and rested my elbows onto my knees.

I felt something crash into me and strong protective arms wrapped around me.

Everything was kind of a blur. He kept whispering comfortingly in my ear and running his fingers through my hair softly. I kept crying into my hands. I have no idea for how long we stayed like this.

After some time, which seemed like hours, he muttered something into my ear and lifted me up, one arm under my knees and the other on my back, just below my shoulders. He carried me to the car and sat me down to the passenger seat. I pulled my knees up to my chest.

Neither of us said a thing. The only thing disturbing the uncomfortable silence was my sobs and his uneven breathing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

re-wrote this chapter like 4 times gosh darn