17

Phil

We arrived to his apartment. Our apartment.

I sat him down onto the sofa and wrapped a blanket around him. The poor thing was soaked to the bone and he was shivering. I helped him to put on a dry jumper and sweat pants, as he was too tired of everything to do it himself.

The crying had finally died down, my breathing was back to normal, my eyes still burned a little and my eyelids were swollen, but other than that, I was fine. I mean, physically.

I quickly glanced to his eyes. They were so deep and beautiful. Slightly red from all of the crying, his eyelashes sticking together into bigger sections, which made them look darker.

I got a bit distracted, so I ended up standing in the middle of the room, just staring at him and smiling at how beautiful he was.

He noticed that I was staring and I quickly looked away, coughing awkwardly. I headed to the kitchen to make him some tea.

I noticed that the house looked exactly like it looked like when I left. It was like the house died when I left. Even the cereal boxes were exactly where I left them.

I also noticed that Dan was much skinnier, and looked much more tired.

This must have been even harder for him than for me, I thought.

I put teabags into two cups and poured the boiling water over them. I headed back to the living room where Dan was.
His eyes were closed, his breathing was deep, the sleeves of his jumper were pulled over his fingers and his head was resting on one of his hands. The blanket was on the floor, he probably kicked it off
of him in his sleep.

I smiled. This was the only time of the day when he actually looked peaceful, all if the saddnes erased from his face. He was murmuring short words softly, but I couldn't understand any of them.

I put both of the teacups down on the table.

I headed towards Dan and lifted him up gently, not wanting to wake him up. I carried him up to his bedroom and laid him down on his bed, softly laying his head onto the pillow and pulling his duvet over him. I sat down on the edge of his bed and looked down at him. He was so beautiful.

I moved his fringe out of his face with my fingers. Trails of tears sparkled on his cheeks in the faint light that was coming from the crack of the door. His eyelids were red and puffy. But he still looked beautiful. I glanced down to his pink swollen lips. They looked so kissable that I just couldn't resist leaning forward.

But then he slowly opened his eyes. Our faces were inched apart. At first, he jerked back a bit, surprised by my face being so close to his, but then he relaxed again.

"I'm sorry" I whispered and started to move back, but he suddenly slid his arms around my neck, pulling me back.

Or faces were so close, and I just had to bite my lip to resist the temptation to kiss him. He smiled at me sadly and ran his fingers through my hair. He was obviously still half asleep, not really knowing what he was doing or saying.

"You're really beautiful, Phil" he muttered. I blushed and bit my lip harder.
His voice sounded so tired and deep and so god damn beautiful.

This boy was really easy to fall for, considering the fact that everything about him was perfect. Even if he couldn't see it. And it hurt like hell, knowing that he wanted to kill himself just hours earlier.

"You're pretty beautiful yourself, Dan" I said and ran my hand along his cheek softly. "Go back to sleep now. You're exhausted." I said.

"Okay." He said and yawned. "Goodnight, Phil" he whispered before his breathing got deeper again and sleep took him away.

"Goodnight." I whispered back, kissing his forehead. I stood up and headed towards the door. Before I closed it, I looked at Dan for the one last time.

"I love you" I said before closing the door.