15

Phil

It's been a month. And it couldn't have been worse. Cat took my phone, of course, so I couldn't contact him. I even tried to write him a letter, but she found out and stopped me.

She was out with her friends all the time, which was good.

I spent most of the time thinking about Dan. Heck, not most of the time, all the time! I missed him. I needed him. I was waiting for an opportunity to run away all the time and I finally found one.

I found where she was keeping my phone, but I left it there. Right now, she was home.

I heard her walk through the hallway. She stopped. After that, her footsteps became louder, meaning that she put on her shoes. I heard the sound of a key turning in the lock. Door opening. Cat walking out. Door closing. And the key turning in the lock once again.

Good.

She's gone.

I waited for a few minutes so I was sure that she wasn't coming back. Then I jumped out of bed.

I ran to her room, not wanting to waste any time. Her door was locked, but I knew that she kept her key behind a painting.

I unlocked the door. She kept my phone in the top drawer of her bedside table. I took it out and closed the drawer again, just the way it was before.

Good. Everything is going okay.

My credit card along with some money was behind the phone case. "That's still here. Okay." I muttered. I ran back to my room. What else do I need? Pretty much nothing. I had some clothes back at mine and Dan's apartment, so I didn't actually need my suitcase.

So I ran downstairs, put on my shoes and my jacket, checking one more if I had my credit card, money and phone.

I knew that what I was doing was putting both me and Dan in danger, but I would do anything just to get him back.

The door was locked, so I had to go out through a window. Even though I was really tall and clumsy, I somehow managed to get out without breaking anything.

When I was out, I immediately saw a taxi driving past, so I stopped it and quickly sat on the back seat.

"To the nearest airport" I said.

"Well, you're in a rush. So where are you flying?" He smiled.

"Look, I understand that you're just being nice, but I really can't talk right now." I said and pulled my phone out of my pocket.

"Oh. Okay, I understand." He said and started the car.

I quickly dialed Dan's number and rested my phone against my ear.

Ring

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

Nothing.

"Damn it" I muttered and tried again.

Nothing.

I tried for the third time, but he wasn't picking up.

I just hope that he's fine.

"Sir, we're here." The taxi driver said. I handed him a 50 dollar bill.

"Keep the change" I said as I opened the door and ran out.

"Sir, wait-" he yelled behind me, but I didn't turn back. I wanted to see Dan as soon as possible.