12

Phil

"Welcome to your new house! Feel at home." Cat said as she opened the door. I carried my suitcase through it and she closed it behind me.

How the fuck was I supposed to feel at home in a house of a person that ripped me away from the love of my life by threatening to kill them?

Cat's house was much bigger than mine and Dan's apartment. It also looked much more modern. And tidy. I smiled when I remembered how Dan used to get mad at me for leaving socks everywhere.

Memories of Dan hurt, but they were the only thing I had left. A tear rolled down my cheek. I missed him so much.

I realized that no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't forget about him. I couldn't live without him.

It felt like I was missing an important organ, that my body couldn't function without. That's what it felt like. And it hurt like hell, not having him right by my side like always. And I couldn't stand it.

He was probably crying right now, or maybe doing something stupid. I was so worried, I wanted him to be happy and safe, I wanted to just wrap my arms around him and tell him that it's going to be okay.

Just the thought of him hurting himself hurt like hell. It was worse than any kind of physical pain, it was torture. And it was too much.

"Cat I can't do this" I said without thinking. I looked at her, not noticing the tears running down my cheeks. "I thought I could but I really can't. You don't even understand what this feels like, do you? You never truly loved anyone. It hurts, Catherine, that's what it feels like. And it's the worst fucking kind of pain. Y-You..."

Tears started blurring up my vision, I couldn't see clearly anymore. I felt like I was about to pass out, so I grabbed onto the nearest wall. I needed Dan.

"Shut up." she cut me off. "Shut the fuck up. Of course you're gonna say that I don't know how it feels like. You know what? I know damn fucking well." Her voice got louder and louder to the point where she was almost yelling. "I loved him. I really loved him. Bit he ran off with this other bitch." her voice was shaking, but there was no emotion in her voice, just madness.

"That is no reason to-"

"I said shut up. It's a good enough reason. You are staying here. Make yourself comfortable, you're living here now, after all." She said coldly and opened the door again. "I'm meeting up with some friends of mine. You better not go anywhere." She said and shut the door behind herself.

I stood there, staring at the door for a few minutes. I couldn't breathe.

I ran upstairs to the guest room. I threw myself onto the bed and buried my face into a pillow. Tears were slowly soaking up the pillow, making it uncomfortably damp, but I didn't mind.

This was so fucked up.

I had to get away somehow.

I had to get my Dan back.