Chapter Sixteen

- Elizabeth's P.O.V. -

After the werewolf incident was taken care of, nothing really happened the last week Alec and I was at the Cullen's. Bella stayed away from me when she was over. Carlisle told me all about his travels after he left the Volturi. He told me about how he met each of the members of his family. He told me about the people that he had met and still talked too. I told him about everything that happened when he left. I told him the problems with both of my gifts. About when I transport more than two people, I become very weak and have to have a blood transfusion into my blood stream. About when I pull the darkest memory from someone that it affects me for a day or two. We talked about our relations with our mates. Esme and I were becoming acquaintances by the time we had to leave.

- Back in Volterra -

- Still Elizabeth's P.O.V. -

I look over at Alec as we drive back from the airport. He was easily shifting gears in our Jaguar F-type.

"Are you excited about being back, darling?" Alec asks looking over at me. I nod and smirk at him. "Are you?" I ask him knowing his answer. "Yes and no. Yes because I do enjoy my job and no because the hooligans in the rest of the guard." He smiles so his fangs come out and I laugh.

We pull into the garage and Alec smoothly parks next to my 1969 Dodge Charger. I hop out of the car and grab my bags. Alec follows me as we head to our room before we meet with Aro.

Caius is not happy about us not killing the werewolves.

"Why didn't you kill them? You know the rules! No Children of the Moon are allowed to live!" Caius yells at us as we kneel in front of Aro and Marcus. Caius is pacing behind us. He is seriously pissed at us.

"Sir, I thought since they haven't harmed anyone in ages that they had the right to live. They even have an agr-.""I don't care about the agreement! They probably have killed many but they covered it up!" Caius cuts Alec off. I close my eyes because I'm starting to get very annoyed by Caius's unreasonable thoughts and his yelling is getting on my last nerves. I understand that his mate was almost killed by a werewolf centuries ago.

"Caius, brother, please see the reason behind not killing the wolves. They haven't harmed anyone. They are living in a place not many people really visit. Alec and Elizabeth were also very outnumbered. We would have lost two of our best guards." Aro says trying to reason with Caius.

"I DON'T CARE! I WANT THEM DEAD! THE WOLVES SHOULD BE DEAD!" Caius yells as he starts a tantrum. I look over at Alec worriedly. When Caius gets this mad, sometimes we lose a member of the guard. Chelsea moves behind him to calm him down.

"Alec and Elizabeth, you may leave. Relax and enjoy the day off." Aro says dismissing us. We get up off the floor and bow our way out the doors. I breathe out the breath I'm holding.

I look over at Alec and he looks at me with shock and worry filled eyes. We both couldn't believe that we got out alive and not a scratch on our bodies. I grab his hand and we walk to the commons area where everyone usually hangs out after missions and guard duty.

- Alec's P.O.V. -

I let Elizabeth drag me to the commons even though I just want to lie down and relax with a good book.

As we get closer to the room, we hear yelling going on. We enter to see Felix and Demetri yelling at a soccer game on the TV. Jane is sitting on a chair on her tablet. Heidi looks up from her book to look at us.

"Elizabeth. Alec. You're back! I thought you guys were goners from all that yelling from Caius." Heidi says putting her book down and Felix laughs at us. "So tell us, were the werewolves as mean as the rumor?" Demetri asks watching Elizabeth sit down and then back at me. "What rumor?" I ask. "The rumor's that they are super mean and they are like your worst nightmare." Jane says. Elizabeth shakes her head at the ridiculousness of the rumor. "No they are like normal humans except they change into a wolf when vampires are around." I answer. Demetri sighs and hands Jane a twenty from his pocket. Elizabeth smirks at Jane and she grins back.

"Elizabeth. I'm going to our room. Have fun here." I say over my shoulder as I walk out. I just want to read that new book I got before we left for Forks.

- Elizabeth's P.O.V. -

I leave the commons a little after Alec did. I follow him and he hasn't noticed me. I snicker in my mind. I stalk closer to him and then pounce onto his back. He lets out a little girly scream as he grabs my legs that are now wrapped around his hips. I hear Demetri's laugh from the commons. I giggle in Alec's ear.

"Love you." I kiss the back of his ear and then wrap my arms around his neck. He shakes his head at me. "Away good sir. To our room where we are going to relax and you can read the book that's on your mind." I say as he continues on his way to our room.