Chapter Twelve

- Elizabeth's P.O.V. -

The jet touches the ground in the late afternoon in Seattle, Washington. I look out the window to find dark clouds, looking like a storm is about to hit. I sigh as I look at the clouds. As much as I like clouds, I don't like rain. Alec looks over at me and rolls his eyes. He agrees with me, rain sucks.

"Come on. Let's get off this jet before it starts."

He says standing up from his seat next to me and I stand up after him. We walk out of the jet and walk down the steps to the car.

The car is Alec's and it's one of his favorites. It's a Aspid GT-21 Invictus. It's all black with black leather seats and blacked out windows. I don't really understand why it's his favorite car. I mean, maybe, it's because it's flashy and expensive. I don't know and honestly, I don't care to understand.

Alec gets in the driver's side and I get in on the passenger's side. Our luggage is already in the trunk and Alec starts the car.

"I'm not ready for this drive to Forks. Honestly, what's out here that people like? It's green, it storms all the time, and there's nothing but trees and grass. I kinda want to go back to Volterra. With its sunshine, history, beautiful buildings, and my books."

I say and Alec rolls his eyes at me as he pulls out of the airport.

The drive was boring and felt like it took ages but we finally arrive at Forks. It's around dinner time for the humans but it didn't manner to us really. The town is a tiny, quiet town with a diner, supermarket, and gas station to its name. We drove through town to get to the road to the Cullen's house. The humans liked to stare at the strange car going passed them, probably no one had ever seen this model in person.

"So when we get there, you're doing the talking or we can have another fight on our hands, like with the Amazons'. Oh, that was a fun one!"

I say with a giggle. Alec rolls his eyes for the hundredth time this trip.

"Fine but when and if we're alone with Carlisle, you're doing the talking. And that fight was not fun. You almost got my head torn off."

"Whatever. That was your own fault. You were the one who thought I need to be protected." I roll my eyes. "Turn here."

Alec turns off the road to the driveway. It's a long driveway surrounded by trees on both sides. We reach the end of the driveway, where a large, unimpressive house stands. What do you except after living in a castle for three hundred years. Alec stops the car in front of the house and turns toward me.

"This is a very unimpressive house. It's too modern. It should be more old fashion but that's my opinion."

I say looking at him. He smiles at me and leans over to capture my lips with his.

"I love you but please try not to be rude. I know you don't agree with their habits and I don't like them either. But we have to at least be a little pleasant, so they don't attack us, like the Amazons. Okay?" He asks and I sigh.

"I guess." I answer back and capture his lips with mine again before pulling away. "And I love you too." I step out of the car.

The Cullens have all gathered around the front door on the porch, looking at the car and us. Alec walks up to my side and looks at them. Carlisle steps towards us.

"Hello Elizabeth and Alec. It's a pleasure to see you both, but what can I help you with this evening?" He asks as he makes his way in front of us.

"Let's get down to business, Carlisle. You know the drill. We're here to observe your household and the normal things. And we'll be staying for a week."