Chapter Seventeen

A year has passed since Alec and Elizabeth visited the Cullen's. Today is Bella's birthday. Her eighteenth birthday to be exact. While the events were happening in Forks, Washington. There were serious events going on in Volterra.

- Elizabeth's P.O.V. -

"Alec, I don't want to. I don't want you to ask Aro anything either." I say throwing up my hands for what seemed the hundredth time this week. Alec looks at me with a hurt look.

"Elizabeth, I want a child. Since, we can't have one naturally. Let's just ask Aro to make one. Please. You know how much I want to start a family with you. We've been together for three hundred and ten years." He says with a pleading look. I sigh and shake my head.

The door opens and Jane walks in with her I'm-better-than-everyone walk. She stops in front of us and crosses her arms.

"You two need to figure out if you want to start a family because everyone is tired of hearing this argument every day. But that's not why I'm here. Elizabeth, Aro wants you in the throne room." She says looking between both Alec and I.

"Okay. Talk him out of this child thing, please." I say walking out of the room. I quickly make my way to the throne room. The guards stationed at the doors open them and I walk pass them with a nod.

"Hello, your majesties. How can I be of service today?" I ask bowing my head and looking at their feet in front of me. I raise my head.

"Ah, Elizabeth! You come so quickly when called upon. We have an issue that needs to be taken care of and we need your help. Edward Cullen has come to us and asked us to kill him. We told him that cannot happen. He told us that he would expose the vampire race, so we have to kill him. So, we need you to watch his every move and make for sure that he does not expose us. You start tonight."

Aro says sitting in his throne straight and proper. Caius has his eyes closed while sitting with one leg up on his throne. He has one arm casually propped on it. Marcus is staring at me with his creepy eyes while slouching in his throne.

"Yes, your majesties. I will make sure he will not expose us." I say bowing low.

"Also, before you go. We heard a rumor that you and Alec are fighting. Is that true?" Marcus asks in his raspy voice.

"Yes, sir. It's true." I answer him.

"What are you two fighting about now?" Aro asks and I sigh.

"Alec and I are fighting over... asking you... if we can... start a... family. We've been fighting for the past two months over it."

"Why haven't you two ask us yet?" Aro asks.

"Because I'm not ready for a family. I'm not ready to make a child endure the pain of becoming a newborn." I say looking down at my feet.

"Does Alec know this?" Marcus asks. I shake my head.

"You need to tell him this. It will not do your relationship any good keeping this from him. Tell him before you go on your mission." Aro says looking right into my eyes.

"Yes, sir. But, when will I know that I'm ready? Will it just hit me?" I ask.

"I have no idea what will happen, but when it does, we will say yes. Just come to us and we will let you pick a child." Aro says with a smile. My eyes grow a little bit bigger.

'He said that when we ready... that we can have a child. Oh my goodness. I can't believe this. I don't even want it right now, but he said yes.' I think to myself.

"Also, before you go on your mission, come down and feed. We are having tourists coming later." Caius says without moving an inch or opening an eye.