Chapter Twenty

- Elizabeth's P.O.V. -

I stay curled up with Princess, Mia's stuffed cat, for a long time. So long that I have no idea what time or day it is. Alec has been in and out of the room making for sure that I haven't died or something.

I hear the door open and the side of the bed next to me lower.

"Elizabeth, Mia is going to be fine. Aro has sent our fastest trackers to find her. But you need to be lively when we find her. We can't have her seeing her momma looking terrible." Jane says laying her head on my shoulder. I give her a side glance before closing my eyes.

"Please, Elizabeth! Alec needs you and you need Alec. Alec is a mess without you talking to him and Mia gone. Please get up and feed." Jane says kissing my shoulder and getting up to leave the room.

"Fine."

I sigh and slowly get out of bed and go to the closet to pick out my outfit for the day. I choose a simple shirt, pants, and boots. I throw my white-blonde hair into a messy bun and walk out the door with Jane.

After feeding and getting pitied by everyone, I walk back to the room. Alec is standing by the door looking at the floor. I quickly rush to him and he pulls me more into him. I start to dry sob into his chest.

"Why did it have to be her? Of everyone in this place, why her?" I cry.

"I don't know, Elizabeth. I really don't know."

We hear running coming towards us. I look towards the direction the noise is coming from. Felix and Demetri are running towards us.

"We found where they took her. We wanted you guys to be with us when we raid it." Felix says.

"Where?" I ask. "Romania. A compound that they have." Felix says. I quickly dive into his mind to find the exact location. I grab Alec and Felix's hand and they grab Demetri's. I teleport them to the compound.

We arrive at the compound and I let everyone go. The compound just looks like an old building that is falling apart. The other trackers, that stayed behind, are at the door ready for orders. Felix busts the door open and we quickly spread out to clear the building. I hear no heartbeats but that doesn't mean anything.

We quickly go through the building to find no vampires are present.

"It's clear on the second floor," I tell them while walking down the stairs.

"Hey, guys. You need to take a look at this." Felix says from the basement.

Happy Independence Day, USA!