Chapter Six

- Alec's P.O.V. -

Elizabeth pulls on my hand for me to follow her quicker.

"Elizabeth, where are we going?"

I ask curiously and she laughs. Her laughter sounds like tiny bells and I absolutely love it. She smiles back at me.

"Just wait and see."

She turns her head away from looking at me and her white hair flows behind her. She's beautiful. We continue to walk and we finally stop at a door.

"Close your eyes."

She tells me and I do. I hear a door open and I feel her hand in mine. She pulls me in and closes the door.

"Open your eyes, Alec."

She says and I open my eyes to see Aro's garden. I've never been in here before but I had heard it is beautiful. No wonder people talk about it so much. Because it's beautiful. The floor is covered in grass and flowers. There are trees and climbing flowers. The flowers are in every color.

I watch as Elizabeth spins around in circles with her arms out and her dress twirls with her. I smile at her and she smiles back.

"Do you like it?"

She asks.

"Yes very much. Did you just find it?"

I ask walking up to her.

"No. Marcus told me where to find it."

I grin down at her and she smirks up at me.

"What were you planning with the masters?"

I shake my finger at her and then cover my lips.

"That's for me to know and you to find out."

She laughs at my word choice. I look to the sky. It's almost sunrise.

"Do you want to see something?"

I ask her and she nods. I take her hand and speed to one of the castle towers. We climb till we get to the top and we sit down on the tiled roof.

"So what are we sitting up here for?"

She asks me and I shake my head. I continue to watch the sky. It's starting to brighten and the first rays of the sun are beginning to show.

As the sun climbs higher, our skin begins to sparkle. Elizabeth is beautiful as she watches her skin. Her face has a look of shock and excitement.

- Elizabeth's P.O.V. -

I watch Alec watch the sunrise. I never liked the sunrise or the sunset. They weren't my thing. Mother always loved them. She would stop whatever she was doing, just to watch them.

Alec looks so peaceful watching the sunrise. It's like he is possessed or something. His eyes never leave the sun.

I notice a twinkle in the corner of my eye and I quickly look at my arm. The sunlight has hit my arm and my arm erupts in sparkles.

'What's happening? Is this normal?'

I look over at Alec and see his skin is doing the same thing. I look back down at my hands and arms. This is crazy. I'm losing my mind.

"Alec, is this supposed to happen?"

I ask still looking and turning my arm. It continues to sparkle.

"Yes. I don't know why we sparkle but we do and it's only when there's sunlight on our skin."

He explains and smirks down at me. I look at him.

"What?"

I ask and he just shakes his head. We sit there for a moment in silence. I don't like being in the sunlight, it's starting to make my head hurt.

"Can we go back inside?"

I ask and Alec nods, looking kinda hurt. I grab his hand after we stand on the ground again. Alec stops walking and faces me.

"I'm sorry. It's not you. So don't feel hurt. I just don't like the sun. I never have and most likely never will. It always makes my head hurt. But i love that you showed me what we look like in the sun."

I explain to Alec. He nods his head and turns away. Our hands are still together as we walk back. I look down at them.

'We might make this work.'

As we are heading to our rooms, a door opens. Jane walks out and stops in front of us.

"Brother, I would like to spend some time with the new one."

She says looking at me and I look at her.

"Why would you want to do that, sister? You never do it with the others."

Alec says letting go of my hand and putting an arm around my shoulders. Jane sighs.

"Really brother. I'm not going to do anything to your precious mate. I just want to go shopping with her. I promise that I won't hurt her or get her hurt. Please, brother."

Jane says rolling her eyes when she says precious mate. Alec growls.

"Don't talk like that. Just wait til' you find yours."

He says and Jane rolls her eyes again.

"Yeah like that will ever happen."

"It will. But it will take time. Marcus told you that a long time ago."

He says letting me go to move over to his sister. He puts a hand on her shoulder.

"I will let you go with Elizabeth, if and only if, you promise me that you will stop being rude to her. I won't stand for it and you know Aro won't either."

Alec says looking into Jane's eyes. She is silent for a while.

"Do you promise, Jane?"

Alec asks.

"Yes. I promise but you have to promise me something. You have to promise that you won't forget about me. Since you found your mate and everything."

Jane says looking at the floor. I hear Alec chuckle and he pulls Jane into a hug.

"I will never forget you, sister. I can't believe you ever had a doubt in that pretty little head of yours."