Chapter Nine

-Elizabeth's P.O.V. -

As Alec and I walk away from the throne room to our rooms, we could hear the laughter and music still going on in the ballroom.

"Elizabeth, about that -"

Alec starts but I interrupt. We stop in the middle of the hallway.

"Don't start with me Alec. We both wanted it. We're mates. We can kiss all we want. You don't need to try an apologize for it."

I say walking away angry and disappointed in him. To think that I didn't want to kiss him.

I get yanked out of my thoughts by Alec grabbing my hand.

"Please don't get angry. I am just worried you are or will regret it."

Alec pleads with me. I turn around and pull him into me. I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his arms around my waist. I lean out and whisper into his ear.

"I don't and won't ever regret it. I love you . We're mates. We're in this together. So please kiss me like you did earlier."

Alec pulls my head away from his ear and smirks down at me.

"As you wish my lady."

He pulls me into a kiss and I sigh. I live the taste of his lips already. I feel his fangs begin to dig into my lower lip. I open my mouth, letting him take access my mouth.

I pull away as I hear laughter down the hallway. Alec growls and pushes me behind him. I scowl him. Seriously, didn't I just show him that I can take care of myself.

Carlisle walks down the hall. He has a smirk on his face and his hands behind his back.

"Hello. You two must enjoy each others company already. So quick. So Elizabeth, is Alec congratulating you on killing that man? Because that looks like it to me."

He says moving closer to us. I move closer to Alec. I don't like this man. I'm glad he's leaving soon.

"Don't answer anything he asks."

Alec whispers to me and I slightly nod.

"Leave her alone. She's done nothing to you. Anyway, I thought you were leaving tonight? Change your mind already? Ready to give into the human blood?"

Alec says as Carlisle stops in front of us. He stiffens up.

"No I will never give into feeding on humans. I'm just here to give you a warning."

He says and then stops thinking.

"My warning is to both of you. Be ready to fight for your love because there are people already wanting to tear you two apart. I'm not your enemy like you are thinking. But Alec, you have made some very powerful enemies and someday they will be coming to get they're revenge. So be ready. And one last thing, never stop fighting."

With that he disappears. Alec is stiff as a board and not breathing or moving an inch.

"Alec are you okay?"

I ask putting a hand on his shoulder lightly. He shakes my hand off his shoulder.

"I have to go. Be safe."

He says before disappearing. I sigh. Well I guess I'm walking by myself to my room. I sigh again.

-Alec's P.O.V. -

I can't believe he would say something like that in front of Elizabeth like that. God, I'm so stupid. I can't believe I forgot about my enemies. I didn't even think about them. Even since Elizabeth has arrived, she's all I think about.

Okay Alec, you need to get your head in the game. You can let Elizabeth get hurt because you aren't thinking. I sigh. Great. She probably thinks I'm mad at her. I'll have to talk to her later.

I stop in front of a door and knock.

"Enter."

A voice comes from inside. I open the door and walk in.

"What do you wish to speak about to me?"

Sorry I wrote this on my phone. sorry for any grammar issues. See you later