Chapter Eleven

- Elizabeth's P.O.V -

It's now three hundred years since that night. It's now April 10, 2014. Things have been going great for being a guard for the Volturi. I've become one of the most feared vampire guards, next to Alec and Jane, that live. Mentioning Alec, our relationship is going like a normal vampire's relationship: we fight, eat, train, and protect the masters together. We might yell at each other but it just makes us love each other more. I can't lie about not hating him sometimes. Like the time a newborn ripped off my arm and was about to rip my head off. Alec killed the newborn and I've never seen him so angry before. We fought for days and he wouldn't let me out of the castle for ten years. We didn't talk for a couple of years during that period of time. But besides that our relationship is pretty good.

Everything is going good at the castle except for Carlisle's coven. I'm happy that he finally found his mate and he started his own coven. But that clan is starting to get red flagged in our eyes. His son, Edward, has informed a human about the vampires. Aro has told us that it's nothing to worry about and that Carlisle will take care of it. But I disagree because I think Carlisle is too much of a softie to kill a human.

We're standing in the throne room, guarding the masters, when Aro stands up.

"Everyone in the meeting room. We're going to have a meeting right now."

He says walking away to the meeting room. Caius rolls his eyes as he gets up and follows. Marcus stands up and quietly walks after them. Jane, Alec, and I follow close behind. As we approach the room, Alec catches my eye and smirks at me and I give him a tiny smile that only he sees. We enter the room and sit around the table, only the higher guards sit at the table. The lower guards stand by the doors and walls.

"So I've called this meeting because we need to go over some things. Like the decade checks on all the covens, registering all the new newborns, and the raising numbers of werewolves. Jane, will you tell who's going where and with whom to the different covens." He says. Jane nods.

"Elizabeth and Alec will go to the Olympic coven. Demetri and Felix will go to the Denali coven. Renata and I will go to the Egyptian coven . When you get there check for humans that aren't being feed on or things out of place. Alec and Elizabeth, you get back Renata and I will leave for Egypt. So you two will be in charge of protecting our masters. Do all of you understand your missions?"

She asks and we all nod our heads. She nods back and looks to Aro.

"Afton and Corin will start registering the newborns and Elizabeth will help after she comes back from her mission. Some of the lower guards will help with that. Also Santiago and some of the lower guards will need to go and check out some of the places that we are getting reports of werewolves. That is all for now. Elizabeth and Alec, you will be leaving tonight so get ready and you will be staying for a week. That is all. You're dismissed."

Aro says waving a hand to the doors and we start to move our ways out the doors. I look over at Alec and he walks over to walk next to me. We walk down the hall to our room. Yes I know, I moved into his room after ten years of knowing him. I'm not saying I don't use my old room. I use my old room for a closet, library, and a place to get away from Alec when he pisses me off.

"So are you excited about seeing Carlisle again?"

Alec asks and I shrug my shoulders. There's a loud cheer coming from the TV room and I giggle knowingly. The cheer was from Demetri because of a soccer game, him and Felix are watching. Alec looks down at me and rolls his eyes.

"Was that because of that soccer game Felix was talking about earlier?" I nod my head.

"So why aren't you excited about going to see Carlisle again?"

He asks and I roll my eyes.

"Are you serious, Alec? Did you forget that night three hundred years ago? I mean maybe he's changed but I just get weird vibes from him. I'm not saying I'm not excited about getting out of this castle and away from these people for a week. I mean I love Demetri and Felix but they're getting on my last nerve with their begging and whining about everything. Jeez, I'm not their mother and I don't want to either."

"I love you, Elizabeth." He smiles at me.

"Why?"

"Because that's the most you've said outside of our room for a long time." He says laughing.

"You're an ass. Did you know that? A complete ass."

"But you love my ass."

"I can't lie. I do love you ass. Maybe not your personality but your ass and body, I love." I sigh.

He laughs at me and opens our door. We walk in and I go straight to the closet. I take three suitcases from the top self and throw them on the bed.

"Okay so what do I need to bring? I need pants, shirts, shoes, and books."

I tell myself and Alec rolls his eyes and starts to pack everything.

"Hey babe. Babe. Elizabeth. I packed everything. We're ready to go after we feed."

Alec says shaking me out of my thoughts. I look at him and he smiles at me.

"Did you get everything?"

I ask and he nods.

"Okay. Let's go feed and then get of the jet."

I say taking his hand in mine and walking to the feeding chambers.