Chapter Ten

- Alec's P.O.V. -

"Sir, I was wondering if you can do me a favor?"

I ask bowing my head in front of Aro, who is sitting at his desk with a piece of paper in his hand and smiling softly. Aro gently puts the paper down and leans back in his chair.

"And why do you need a favor, Alec?"

He ask staring into my eyes intensely.

"Because I need to keep Elizabeth safe and my enemies away from her. Master I would like you to let me stay by her side as much as possible. If I have missions outside of the castle than she gets to come. She won't be a problem, sir. She can hold her own."

I say finally looking up into Aro's eyes. I'm hoping he would say yes because than there would be not chance of Elizabeth getting killed or hurt.

"If I let this happen, how are you going to repay me? I already have your loyal service."

Aro asks and I look down at my feet.

"I don't know yet, sir. I can do extra guard work or extra missions. Please sir."

I hear Aro sigh.

"Fine, I will let this happen but on one condition. If you ever disobey me or don't follow through on missions, your head and Elizabeth's are going to be mine. And I will personally rip your bodies apart and sit them on fire. Do you understand me?"

Aro asks losing his smile and his face turns into the face of a monster he is. His fangs point out of his mouth, his claws are out, and his eyes are an intense red. I get down on one knee, put a hand on the other knee, and bow my head.

"I understand completely sir. I will not fail you or Elizabeth."

I say keeping my eyes down. I hear Aro rise from his chair and move around his desk to stand in front of me. I feel his hand go on my shoulder.

"Raise Alec. I believe you will not fail me or your mate. But remember the consequences and live by them. Now go to your mate. I believe she's waiting for you to get back to her."

I stand up from my kneeled position but keep my head bowed.

"Thank you sir. Good night, sir."

I say walking out of the room and heading towards my mate, who is waiting for me.

- Elizabeth's P.O.V. -

Where is that godforsaken man, who is my mate? I've been sitting here waiting for him for the past hour and he still hasn't walked through that door. Where did he go in hurry? Why did he have to go right then?

All these questions flew through my mind at a million miles an hour. I take an unnecessary breathe and lay back onto Alec's bed. I close my eyes and remember the kiss that happened earlier that night. I can't believe we kissed, not that I'm complaining because really I'm not. He's a great kisser. I chuckle a little at my thoughts when the door opens.

I quickly open my eyes and sit up to find Alec in the doorway. He's staring at me and I stare right back at him. He walks into the room and closes the door.

"I thought you would be in your room."

He says still looking at me.

"No. I wanted to wait for you to get back."

I say standing up from the bed and walking to stand in front of him.

"Well that's every thoughtful. Thank you Elizabeth."

He says smirking down at me. I slap him on the shoulder and chuckle.

"You don't need to think me. I am your mate."

He chuckles and wraps his arms around my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull his head down. I gently kiss his lips and I feel a smile on his lips. I pull away and smile up at him.

"So, where have you been for the past hour?"

I ask and his smile disappears and he pulls completely away from me. He walks to the window and keeps his back to me.

"Alec, what's wrong? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ask. I was just curious. Please, Alec. Answer me."

I walk behind him and hug his back. I kiss his shoulder and place my head in between his shoulder blades. I feel him sigh.

"I'm sorry Elizabeth. I needed to do some things before I came to room. I'm sorry I just left you to walk to your room. I should've walked you and then went to take care of the things."

He says still looking out the room.

"It's fine Alec. I'm not mad. I promise you that I'm not mad."

I say into his back and he turns around in my arms. He puts a hand under my chin and lowers his head. He kisses me and I kiss him back.

I'm starting to like this kissing business already. We continue to kiss for a while. We end up on his bed, him reading a book and me laying down with my eyes closed. It's been a long day and I just need to relax. I feel Alec start to pet my hair and I giggle but still keep my eyes close. We lay like that for the rest of the night.

To the side is a picture of what Elizabeth looks like but she's played by Kate Hudson