Chapter Thirteen

- Elizabeth's P.O.V. -

It's around midnight when I climb out from Alec's arms with my laptop. He closes the book he's reading to watch me get off the bed.

"Elizabeth, where are you going?" He asks as I walk to the door.

"I need to ask Carlisle why he's letting the happen. I know we don't get along with him very much. But I need to know." I say walking out of the room.

"Just don't get disappointed in what he might say."

I hear him say as I close the door behind me. I walk down the hall to the stairs. I hear voices as I slowly make my way downstairs.

"What are we going to do, Carlisle? They might kill Bella. We can't let them do that." A female voices says, I think it's Esme.

"Well we wait until they tell us what they have to do. And if they have to kill Bella, then we don't stop them. I can't let all of you die because of one human. I won't let that happen." Carlisle says.

"I don't get why we are making this a big deal. We should just let her die." Another female voice says, I don't know who it belongs to.

"Rosalie, I can't believe you just said that. Bella is one of us now and we protect each other." Bingo! Rosalie doesn't like Bella and Alice thinks the human is one of them. How sweet. Not.

"The human is not one of you. You are vampires. She is a human and a very puny human at that." I say walking into the living room where they are all at.

"How can you say that?" A boy asks, I think it's Emmett.

"I say that because I feel like humans are meals and that's that. I don't have feelings for my food. I just eat and then throw the trash away." I sit down in a chair facing all of them. I cross my legs and put my arms of the armrests.

"Bella is not trash, that you or anyone can throw away." Edward says charging towards me. I look into his eyes and pick a painful, but not killer painful memory from his mind. He drops to his knees and grabs his head. I look at my fingernails as I hear gasps.

"Edward! Are you okay?" Esme asks dropping down next to him, putting his head in her lap.

"Elizabeth, let him go. Please I'm begging you. Let him go." Carlisle says looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Elizabeth, let him go." A voice behind me demands. I shake my head. "Elizabeth, do as you're told." Alec growls, grabbing my shoulder. I lose control Edward's mind and I glare at Alec.

"Why did you stop me? It's not like I was going to kill him. He just needs to learn at lesson. Don't charge at people who are much more powerful than them." I tell him.

"I don't care. We are under strict rules not to kill or torture anyone, unless they threaten us. Seriously, Elizabeth, I shouldn't have to tell you these things."

"Don't talk to me like I'm a child. He came at me. I was feeling threatened." I glare at Alec. I stand up and turn to Carlisle. "I need to speak with you."

- Esme's P.O.V. -

Carlisle and that dreadful girl walk out of the room. Edward's head is still in my lap and I start to pet his head, telling him everything was going to be alright. That girl is too powerful for her own good. She looks like she was sixteen when she was turned. A perfect fit for those twins, who also look that age and also are too powerful for their own good.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that. She does that when she has mood swings. They're terribly dreadful." Alec says to Edward. Edward groans and gets up off the ground.

"So, do you have to kill Bella?" Edward asks.

"Not right now." Alec says.

"Thank god." I say under my breath.

"Why do you like the human so much? She's just that, a human. You can't do anything fun without breaking her. Honestly, it's crazy." He says rolling his eyes.

"Because she doesn't care that I'm a vampire and that I'm a lot stronger than her. She might be human, but she's my human." Edward says with a distant look in his eyes. I see Alec gag a little.

"Just because you haven't ever loved in your entire life, doesn't mean other people can't love too." I tell Alec.

- Alec's P.O.V. -

I roll my eyes and then look at Esme.

"How do you know I haven't ever loved before? Because you obviously you don't know what love is. If you don't see the way I look at Elizabeth, then you really don't know what love is. Because I love that woman with everything that I've got." I glare at her. I'm really starting to not like these people. "Now I'm going to leave and go back upstairs to my room. I don't want to be bothered anymore. If I am, I might just forget Aro's rules for a few hours. Goodnight."

I tell them all and then I turn around and walk back to my room. Seriously, the nerve of these people. As I enter the room, I grab the book as I was reading earlier and I lay back down on the bed.

- Elizabeth's P.O.V. -

Carlisle and I walk into his office and I sit down on a chair in front of his desk. He sits down at his desk and looks at me.

"Why are you letting this happen? The old you won't let anything like this happen. I don't understand." I ask him and he closes his eyes for a second.

"I didn't have a choice. I wasn't the one who told her, Edward was. I was told a week later that she knew about us. You would've been proud of me. I was furious. I had to take a week from the hospital because I almost stabbed a nurse when she came up behind me." I quietly giggle at that because the picture of Carlisle stabbing someone is so funny.

"What did you do to Edward?"

"Nothing. I can't. He's like my son. I can't kill him. I just yelled at him and told him that he was irresponsible." We are quiet for a moment when Carlisle looks at me. "Why do you put on this quiet and mean face? I know you are a completely different person with Alec then with someone like Alice or Edward."

I just stare at him for a little and then I sigh.

"I don't want to get close to anyone because if I do, they usually die. But with Alec or any of the guards, it's different because I know they can protect themselves. But with you and your family, you can't protect them. You can't fight and you're not as strong as you would be if you drank human blood. But most importantly, you don't have the heart to kill anyone. You would've already killed yourself, if you'd done the things I've done if the pass three hundred years. Now that you have that bit of information about me, I'm going to go to bed and talk with Alec. I'll be down later in the morning. Goodnight."

I tell him getting up and leaving his office. I head to the bedroom.