Chapter Eight

- Elizabeth's P.O.V. -

We continue on our way to the ball. We start to hear the loud music and chatter coming from the ballroom.

As we approach the doors, the guards open them. Alec straightens his back and the smirk that was on his face disappears. I look up at him and raise an eyebrow.

"Are you okay?"

I ask softly for only his ears. He stiffly nods and then pulls me through the doorway. The ballroom is a lot more luxurious than the throne room. The room is white and around the sides there are arches. The floor is already full of couples dancing to the music. I look around to find our masters, which are sitting on a raised platform on the other side of the room.

I nudge Alec with my arm and nod over at our masters. He nods back and starts to pull us over there. We slowly make our way towards them, dodging dancing couples and servers alike.

We finally make it over to our masters. They're all dressed in black suits but with different ties. Aro has a red, Caius has a yellow, and Marcus has a brown tie. We bow our heads to our masters and Aro chuckles.

"You two, look lovely together! Caius, don't you agree?"

Aro says looking over to Caius. Caius rolls his eyes.

"No. Why did we even through this ball?"

He asks.

"Because Elizabeth has joined our ranks and Carlisle is leaving for good. Don't you remember this conversation, brother?"

Marcus says in his gravely voice. I nudge Alec.

"Why didn't you tell me this ball was kinda for me?"

I ask softly. Alec sighs at me.

"Because it was going to be a surprise. But you know how that turned out."

Alec answers me and then looks up at Aro.

"Masters, is the ballroom to your likings?"

Alec asks. Caius rolls his eyes and Marcus smirks. Aro stands and walks down the stairs of the platform, and stands in front of us.

"Yes! It's wonderful! Everything that I could ever imagine! Thank you, Alec! Thank you for thinking and putting this ball together!"

Aro says smiling. I smirk at Alec.

"Your welcome, Master."

Alec says bowing his head to Aro.

"Now, you two need to go dance! This is a ball for goodness sake!"

He says loudly as he walks back to his throne. We bow our heads one last time and Alec pulls me to the dance floor.

- Alec's P.O.V. -

As we dance, all I could think is how beautiful Elizabeth looks tonight. I mean she looks beautiful away, but tonight she looks amazing.

"Alec, what are you thinking?"

She asks softly.

"I'm thinking of how beautiful you are, my dear."

I say and she slightly smirks.

"What are you thinking?"

I ask and she looks up into my eyes.

"Of how much I would like to kiss you."

She whispers with a smirk. I smirk back at her. We stop dancing and I pull her off the dance floor. I take her hand in mine and quickly walk outside onto a balcony. I close the doors and place a hand on Elizabeth's cheek. She closes her eyes and rubs her cheek into my hand. She sighs and opens her eyes.

"Still thinking about kissing me?"

I ask her with a smirk. Her fangs stick out of her mouth slightly. She grabs my shoulder to pull me into her. She smashes our lips together.

It's the best kiss I have ever gotten from someone. I softly bit her lower lip to gain access to her mouth. She sighs into my mouth and I slowly touch her tongue with mine. She wraps her arms around me and pulls me into her.

I hear someone clear their throat and I pull away from Elizabeth. I turn around to find my sister smirking at us.

"Wow. That was some kiss, Alec. Didn't know you had something like that in you?"

Jane says clapping her hands.

"What do you want? You're kinda interrupting something?"

I ask and she stops clapping.

"We have a traitor. Aro wants us in the throne room now."

Jane says with a straight face and turns around to walk away. I turn to Elizabeth and softly kiss her on the lips.

"Sorry that was interrupted but we can continue later. Okay? We have to go though."

I say pulling away, taking her hand in mine, and quickly walking to the throne room.

- Elizabeth's P.O.V. -

That was the best kiss ever! I still can't believe it happened.

I'm still thinking about it when we walk into the throne room. Every one of the guards are there and the masters are sitting in their thrones. A man is sitting on the floor with Felix and Demetri holding him by the shoulders.

"Thank you for joining us. We have a traitor to the entire vampire world. Guards, what do we do to traitors?"

Aro says holding his hands behind his back. We all stand up straight and raise our heads.

"We terminate traitors and anyone who goes against the Volturi."

The guards say all together and the man on the floor starts to struggle.

"Elizabeth, dear, will be a doll and tell this traitor his crimes."

Aro asks me and I walk towards the man. I quickly push my mind into his.

His memories start to flood into mine. I watch as he tried to kill Aro and being captured. I quickly flip through his memories and I finally found one painful enough for his crime. I slowly push that memory into his brain and pull out of his mind. The man screams as the memory replays in his mind.

"Your crime is trying to murder our masters. This crime is punishable by death. Boys."

I say to the man. I grab the man's head and Felix and Demetri grab his arms. I twist his head off his body and the boys rip his arms off. The screaming stops and I drop the man's head.

"Thank you Elizabeth."

Aro says. I bow my head and walk back to Alec.

"See this is what happens to traitors. And thanks to our new guard, we will be feared more."

Aro says and then he smiles.

"Alright! Have a great rest of the night!"

The picture on the side is the ballroom. Thanks for reading another chapter and see you next time!