Chapter Two

- Jane's P.O.V. -

I saw the look in Alec's eyes two days ago. I've never seen that look before in his eyes. I've only seen it in Chelsea's eyes when she looks at her mate, Afton.

For two days, Alec has been in his room watching over that girl. The only time he's been out is to feed and if Aro wants him.

What is with that girl? I don't get why Alec is so obsessed with her. She's not even that pretty!

"Jane, my dear, are you worrying about your dear brother again?"

Aro asks. I'm in the throne room with Aro, Caius, and Marcus. Renata is here too but she's staying in the shadows.

"No master. I'm only wondering why my dear brother is so obsessed with the girl."

I say standing in front of the thrones.

"Don't you see. Alec has found his mate and he doesn't even know her or anything about her."

Marcus says with a slight laugh. I guess he must have felt the bond between Alec and the girl.

"Are you jealous that he's paying more attention to that girl then you, Jane?"

Caius says leaning back in his throne.

"No master. I'm not jealous of a Newborn."

I say glaring at his feet.

"Brothers! Brothers! Stop messing with the poor girl."

Aro says with a laugh.

"I'm not -"

"Masters, the girl is about to wake."

Alec says bursting into the throne room. Aro, Caius, and Marcus get up from their thrones and quickly walk to Alec's room. I follow because I love watching the pain in Newborn's eyes when they wake up for the first time.

We surround the bed and wait.

The girl's heartbeats begin to go faster than ever before. Then the heartbeats stop.

- Elizabeth's P.O.V. -

The pain is almost unbearable. I have to tell myself that it's almost over but I really don't know if it's almost over. I stop screaming and struggling awhile back ago because it wasn't helping. No one was helping or coming. All I see is darkness and all I feel is burning hot pain.

Awhile I lay here pain, let's think over things for a bit.

I think about the boy with the red eyes that caught me from falling on the ground. The boy looked to be about my age, which is sixteen. I wonder if he is a creature like that man whom attacked the village and the villagers.

I think of the villagers and how they hated me because I hurt that boy when I was younger. They always gave me and mother the evil sign and glared at us when we were outside.

I think about my mother. My sweet, sweet mother. I hope I get to kill the creature that killed her. He took away the only person that truly loved me. She was the one who encouraged me to use my gifts. She would make me teleport form one end of the house to the other. Then when that got to easy, she made go from the edge of the village to the other. She tried to make my other gift a nice gift but it never worked. I always found the worst memories to use against a person. We stopped working on that gift when I hurt mother with memory of father dying all over again.

I don't remember my father much. All I remember is that he had black hair, green eyes like mine, and always wore a smile on his face. Mother loved him dearly and had always loved him.