Chapter Four

- Elizabeth's P.O.V. -

The doors open and four lower guardsmen bring in three vampires. The first is a man with a crazed look in his eyes. His clothes are ripped and dirty. His long, brown hair is messy from fighting the guards. The second is a woman. She hisses when she sees Aro. Her dress is dirty and her blonde hair is messier than the mans. The third is a little boy. The boy is looks to be about ten or eleven. He has a sweet innocent look to his red eyes. His black hair is not messy and his clothes are not dirty or ripped.

"Hello my rule breakers."

Aro says walking around the man and woman. I look at the boy and stare. The boy looks back into my eyes and stares back at me. I feel no painful memories coming from his mind, calling me.

"You both know creating an immortal child is against the laws."

Aro says and the woman hisses and steps between my line of sight.

I want to keep this child. I want to teach him the proper ways but it's inevitable. The child will be killed. I can't do anything about that. I must kill all of them because they broke the unwritten laws of vampires.

"My dear Elizabeth, please use your gift. Try doing one or two at a time."

Aro says stepping back and sitting down in his throne to watch. I step in front of the man and woman. They both hiss at me but I don't care. I must obey Master. That is what Alec told me.

I look the man in the eyes and his memories flash before my eyes. I choose the worst and then I look into the woman's eyes. The memory from the man begins to invade both their minds. They both begin to shriek from the pain.

"Excellent, my dear! Your training is over for today. We will begin again tomorrow. I don't want to hurt that precious mind of yours. Alec, you may go with her. Jane, kill the child."

Aro says when the shrieks of pain stop. Alec walks down the three steps and walks out the door. I follow him as Jane finishes the child off.

"Alec, what are gifts? Are they really gifts? I feel like mine just brings pain and suffering."

I ask stepping to walk beside him. I'm still thinking about the little boy as I wait for his answer.

"Yes, Elizabeth. They are gifts or, as Carlisle says, powers. Mine is sense deprivation. Jane is pain illusion. Aro is tactile telepathy. But they all have their own limits. Like yours for example. Right now you can only put a memory in two people's minds but soon you'll be able to put one memory into ten or twenty people's minds. Do you understand?"

Alec asks and I nod. He smirks at me.

"Did you feel weak after you trained?"

I ask and he nods.

We continue to walk in silence to our rooms.

"Is there a library?"

I ask. I need to learn something or anything to get my mind off the little boy.

"Yes. Do you want to go there now?"

Alec asks and I nod. We turn instead of going straight. We turn a couple more turns before stopping in front of two doors. The doors are huge and just like the throne room doors.

"This is the library."

Alec says when the doors are opened by the lower guardsmen. I gasp at the rows and rows of books. There are floor to ceiling windows, multiple chandeliers, and candles that light the room well enough to see. There a bunch of tables and chairs spread out.