Chapter 1.

Carmen.

He's my best friend
.........and so much more. Even my lover but I could never tell him that. We've been friends since we were kids. He was always there for me from playing Barbies with me to beating up the bullies I had to face in middle school. I didn't know I loved him not until a few years ago.
When he had to up and move to a new state to become this well-known basketball star that everyone loves and adores. So while he's living in Charlotte playing for the Charlotte Hornets I'm attending Georgia State University in Atlanta.
With us being two years apart while I'm in school finishing my last year he's busy in a full-blown career. Traveling, making tons of money, living in a huge loft, driving fancy cars. Sounds like the life but whenever I speak to him he says the same thing, "It's not what you think Meme." I don't know what he means by that.

"Carmen can I look over your notes before the test next class," Johanna asks while typing away on her phone. I don't know how people walk and text. I'm clumsy one minute I'd be typing away the next I'm rolling around on the ground looking like Humpty Dumpty.
"Please tell me you studied at least a little," I say and sigh shaking my head.
"Damon is working and I'm raising Morgan I can't do it all I'm doing the best I can," she explains and dries the tears forming in her eyes. Johanna had her daughter Morgan freshman year, she's my goddaughter Johanna and I have been best friends since freshman year which we started out roommates.
"Alright stop the water works why don't you ever call me! I could watch her while you study," I offer for the one thousandth time while handing her the notes.
"You have a life of your own Carmen and you help more than enough already," she states and hugs me before taking off towards the library.

My phone vibrates in my pocket getting my attention.
Juggbug: Meme why you haven't replied to my good morning text?
Juggbug: Better not be with no boy.

The fact that he acts like he's my man only drives me more wild.

Me: Sorry I was running a little late this morning, overslept.
Juggbug: Smh, I told you about being on FaceTime so late with those boys you be talking too.
Me: You're the boy that keeps me up at night on FaceTime!
Juggbug: I know baby, but it's only because I miss you.
And then he calls me baby which melts my heart, makes me blush and smile extra hard.

Me: I miss you too
Juggbug: Come visit? I know we've been talking about it but I really want you to come soon.
Me: When?
Juggbug: I'm in NY for interviews and the magazine ad I told you about but I should be back by Friday so how about you come for the weekend?!
Me: Im not taking a six hour drive to only stay two days that's not happening.
Juggbug: How about I set you up with a flight then I'll make it worth it when you get here babe I promise.
Babe. I like the sound of that, babe.
Me: I'll think about it.

There's no way I can say no to him though. Justin McNealy my everything. How can I say no when he just wants to see me? We haven't seen each other in months.
My thoughts are interrupted by another text.
Johanna: Class starts in five where are you?
Me: On my way.
Time always seems to fly when I'm talking to him. But I can never seem to say goodbye either. I'm stuck on him. Justin NcNealy has got me falling hard for him.