Chapter 9.

Justin.

"It's my pleasure to welcome Justin McNealy to Today's Gossip. It's great to have you here today Justin," the radio host Nicki King says into the mic.
"It's a pleasure to be here."
"So tell me what's new lately your name has been in everyone's mouth," she states.
"I don't know if that's a good or bad thing," I admit and we both laugh.
"Come clean what's been going on," she asks and runs her polished finger nails through her black curls.
I know exactly who she's waiting to hear about.
Carmen.
"Basketball..." I start with a smirk. "And I'm sure you've heard about my girlfriend Carmen," I say and she nods.
The woman that asked me to give her space last night.
"I've heard and read a few things but she's a pretty private girl. There's not much that people know about her. Anything you want to share?"
"Like you said she's pretty private the day will come when she opens up to everyone. People are already attacking her on Twitter calling her everything but her name its all gonna take some getting used to her having haters and all the attention," I explain.
"Well she's absolutely beautiful," Nicki states.
"Thank you." The interview continues as do the questions.  By the time the interview is over thirty minutes later I'm back at Carmen's place to get her and take her with me for her Thanksgiving break.
If she was still planning on going.
"Carmen," I call for the one thousandth time looking throughout the house for her. Walking into the kitchen I see a note folded on the counter with my name on it.

Dear Justin,
There's something you don't know. Something that I can't hide from you anymore it's gonna make you hate me. I'm afraid to say it so I guess this is the only way you'll find out. Take the 5 o'clock flight out to Virginia tonight and I'll be waiting there with my secret.
P.s Don't hate me because I have always loved you and I always will.

What the hell is going on? What secret? Why would I hate her?
I love her.
-------------------------------------------

Carmen.

"Mommy, mommy, mommy," Isaiah continues to chant waking me.
I flew out late last night after kicking Justin out. I couldn't look at him I felt too guilty.
"Yes baby what is it," I ask running my hands through his blond curly hair. He shrugs his shoulders looking at me.
"Wake up Mommy," he instructs shaking me with his little hands. I lean up and kiss him.
"What do you want to eat pooh," I ask getting up and carrying him into the bathroom. I clean us both up and then head downstairs.
"Well good morning you two," my Mom says with a teasing smile. "It's actually three in the afternoon. I can't believe y'all stayed up all night!"
"It was my fault Mom I missed my baby and he missed me," I explain kissing on his chubby cheeks. He so cute.
"We all missed you baby," my Mom states walking from the stove and hugging me.
"Where's Pawpaw," Isaiah asks walking around the kitchen.
"Watching football in the living room," my mother answers.
"Zay, you need to eat," I say watching him trying to find my father.
"Be back," he replies and takes off into the living room.
"Y'all have him spoiled rotten Mama," I say and she laughs.
"You spoil him too. He's a good boy," my Mama says and watches me as I begin cooking. I take out everything I need from the fridge and cabinets to make spaghetti.
"Yeah he is."
"So Carmen will you tell me what made you just pop up," she asks. "Popping up at one in the morning worries me. Don't tell me you're running from the police," she asks with a teasing smile.
"More like running from Justin, Mama. We've started dating... And there's no way our relationship can survive with me keeping such a big secret. I don't know what I was thinking Ma. If I could take it all back I promise I would," I say and shake my head. "Justin missed his son grow up I don't know how he's ever gonna forgive me."
"It's definitely not going to be easy. Maybe the toughest thing you've ever faced. But you're the one that made the decision to keep Isaiah from Justin now it's time for you to own up to your decision," she states. I continue stirring the noodles and seasoned ground beef. "And yes I knew y'all were dating I was just waiting for you to tell me you're all over the magazines."
"Mmhmm yes I know," I say and sigh. "People have already been on my back talking bad about me. Just wait until they find out about Isaiah the press are gonna have a field day."
"Like I said you're just gonna have to be a woman and own up to your decision," she advises.
"Alright Ma, I guess that's what I'll be doing when he gets here tonight."
-------------------------------------------

I'm running a little late after feeding Isaiah I had to bathe him and then dress him and then get myself ready in the process. I'm nervous I don't think I can do this.
Oh my god.
I can't breathe.
Breathe Carmen, breathe.
"Why are we here Mommy where are we going," Isaiah asks looking around.
"We're actually picking up someone baby."
"Who Mama, Aunt Crystal? Is she here," he asks getting excited.
"No. Daddy is here," I say and he almost jumps out my arms in excitement.
"Daddy! My Daddy!!! Pawpaw watches him on TV with me," he admits. We continue walking and I'm looking around for Justin. I reach for my phone feeling it vibrating in my pocket.
"Hello," I ask seeing Justin's name across the screen.
"Hey baby I don't see--" his voice cuts off right as we see each other. He slowly puts his phone down and walks up to me.
"Daddy," Isaiah screams full of excitement jumping out of my arms into his. Tears fill my eyes.
I don't know what to say.
Justin hugs Isaiah back but his eyes are full of confusion and shock.
"Hi Daddy I'm Isaiah McNealy," he says and smiles at him using Justin's signature smile that he inherited. "I'm five and my favorite color is red. What's yours?"
"Hazel green the color of your mother's eyes," Justin answers looking at me dead in the eyes. Justin looks from me back at Isaiah. "You look exactly like me."
"Yupp," Isaiah says and pops the p at the end.
"And I'm the one that carried him for nine months," I say finally speaking.
"Five years old..." Justin says and sighs I watch him put Isaiah down and then he bends down to my ear. "I never thought I'd say this but I hate you."