Chapter 3.

"Are you just gonna sit there? You're not gonna say anything or apologize for disappearing?" Silence. I watch him pace back and forth.
What am I supposed to say?
Anything?
Nothing?
I'm sticking with nothing.
He's asking me questions I don't have good answers for.
"I'm tired I have a game tomorrow," he states and walks out the living room into his bedroom.
Should I follow?
He lives in a bachelor pad.
One bedroom.
Black leather couches in the living room. He does have a huge kitchen for a guy that doesn't know how to cook though. I've seen him burn water.
I'm definitely following. I throw away my coffee before walking into his bedroom.
I freeze watching the swift motion of him taking off his shirt.
Abs.
Muscles.
So defined. He's more toned than the last time I saw him. He's so perfect. I clear my throat feeling hot and bothered. His eyes and mine connect and we just stare at each other.
"I just missed you Carmen," he states walking up to me and wrapping his arms around me. "So much," he holds me in his arms and kisses my forehead.
"I'm sorry for disappearing. You're just taking us to the next level and I'm afraid. What if we don't work out? I don't even want to think about losing you ever," I admit and sigh feeling tears forming in my eyes.
"So you disappeared because you're afraid," he asks I nod answering his question. "You had me thinking you didn't feel the same." I smile looking up at him.
"Of course I do."
"So what now are we going to let fear stop us from being together or are we gonna make this official," he asks.
1
2
3
Stop. Stop being afraid.
"Okay."
--------------------------------------------
4:37.
Who wakes up at four in the afternoon? Me.
I roll over reaching for Justin.
Gone.
It is game day.
Walking into the kitchen I find a note on the fridge.
Good morning baby,
I know you were tired so I didn't want to wake you. The game starts at eight. Vicky will be waiting for you in the wives section. Cheer loud for me.
~Justin
He's so cute leaving notes for me.
Wives section?
I've never sat in the wives section. They all seem stuck up and in competition with each other.
I've met Vicky a few times only because one of Justin's best friends/teammates is her husband, Vance.
Walking around Justin's place you'd think I lived here with all the pictures he has of me. Of us.
We're a cute couple.
Couple.
We're a couple-- cute couple.
Him and I.
Me and him.
Him.
Mine. I like the sound of that.
--------------------------------------------
I couldn't wear the jersey and shorts I was going to wear.
I can't be plain Jane. Not sitting in the wives section. I want to impress them. I can't help it.
I found a red dress at H&M it's long sleeves but a short body coon dress, nude open toe Jessica Simpson heels and a gold MK clutch. After getting dressed, curling my hair and doing my makeup it's after seven when I finally pull up to the Charlotte coliseum.
1
2
3
"I can do this," I think to myself. I get into the game easily with my V.I.P pass. There are so many people here a few stare as I walk by making we wish I got a longer dress. My freshly shaved bronze legs feel so exposed.
"Hey Carmen," Vicky waves me over. I notice she's rocking a baby bump.
"Hey congratulations," I say as I walk up and join her in the wives section. Luckily she saved me a seat.
"Thanks girl," she replies. "After the twins I wasn't planning on having anymore but I guess a girl wouldn't hurt."
"Umm Vicky, who is this," a blond head haired, blue eyed, acrylic nailed woman asks with a little attitude.
"I'm Carmen," I say answering her question. I'm mad she acted as though I can't speak for myself.
"Umm Vicky why is she sitting here? This is the wives section," she states while putting emphasis on wives.
See I don't belong here.
I'm already about to catch a case and I just sat down.
"I'm Justin's best--girlfriend," I say correcting myself. I reach out my hand, "and you are?"
"Justin McNealy doesn't have a girlfriend. Groupies sit over there to the left," she states pointing her finger to where.
"Chill out Nina, she's the girl Justin was talking about in his interview on The Talk a couple weeks back and I just talked to him this morning. She is his girlfriend," Vicky states.
"Best friend, girlfriend-- whatever it's still the wives section. Because I'm feeling giving today I'll let you stay--today," she states before sitting down beside a couple of women that look like they probably stay up her ass all day talking about the other wives. Ugh. I hate them already.
"Don't mind her. She just doesn't like competition and you honey you are definitely competition you are working that dress," she compliments bringing a smile to my face.
"Thanks but I didn't come here to be anyone's competition. I just came to support him--" Justin and the team run onto the court at that moment. People are screaming, music is playing and all the wives are cheering.
There's a lot of responsibility with being a baller's wife but the biggest one is being your mans support system, biggest fan.
I can do that.
---------------------------------------------