Chapter 26.

Thanks so much for the get well wishes I actually feel much better.
------------------------------------------

Carmen.

I wake up feeling my phone vibrate. I lift my head from the hospital bed seeing Isaiah asleep on Justin's chest.
I look down at my phone feeling it vibrate again.
Unknown: I hope you didn't think the game was over sunshine.
Me: I'm done playing games with you. You know where I stay what's good?
Unknown: Be careful what you ask for.
Me: You started this I'm gonna finish it.
Unknown: No cops. No backup and no weapons. 
I get up and lace my shoes.
"Where you going," Crystal asks sleepily.
"To finish this," I reply and walk out the room.

Pulling up to my place I get out the car and notice the front door is already open for me.
Stepping up to the door I walk in and flip the light switch.
They won't turn on.
I reach and find the flashlight that Justin kept by the door for emergencies.
Flipping on the flashlight I glance around the dark room left than right and then behind me.
Getting to the hallway I check my room first trying to find her and then my master bathroom and almost have a heart attack and then notice it was my reflection in the mirror.
I take a deep breath.
I can do this.
1
2
3
My phone vibrates in my pocket.
Unknown: Are you scared of the dark?
Me: You're dead. Point, blank and period.
I step out of my bedroom and into the hall going towards Isaiah's room. The floor creaks. Cracking open the door I find someone I would have never expected sitting in the rocking chair by Isaiah's bed.
Nina.
Before I have the chance to react my head is thrown into the wall. I sink to the ground holding my bloody nose.
"You're the one that's dead bitch." I lift my head and see Zoey.
"Miss me, sunshine," Zoey asks with a smirk.
"I thought you said no backup no weapons," I say and groan in pain.
"No bitch I told you no backup no weapons," Nina states.
"Say goodbye," Zoey says and lifts her bat.
"I guess you both have trouble following rules," Crystal admits joining us in the room closing the door behind her. "You're dead," she states looking at them both.
Oh shit.
Crystal lifts the gun in her hand.
"You alright," she asks glancing down at me. Zoey swings her bat knocking the gun out of Crystal's hand but she doesn't have the chance to hit Crystal because Crystal tackles her to the ground.
I take my chance to lunge at Nina. Her head smacks the ground and I go in on her swinging and smashing her head into the ground.
"You took my child," I punch her in the face. "Put him the hospital," I punch her again. "You piece of shit." I stand and kick her in the face.
"Everybody put your hands up," the police yell barging into the room.
--------------------------------------------

Justin.

I knew something must have been going down when I woke up and Carmen and Crystal were gone. Two hours later Detective Pierce called saying Carmen and Crystal were locked up.
The thing is I didn't go bail her out.
Why would I leave my son? I called her parents and told them.
She's on her own.
I want to be here when Isaiah wakes up. I look down at him and kiss his forehead.
"I love you son. Always and forever. I'm sorry I wasn't home to protect you that night but I promise I'll never leave again," I say.

The next morning I wake up feeling Isaiah tap my face.
"Wake up Daddy," Isaiah whines. I open my eyes and hug him tight.
"I missed you Zay! You feeling better," I ask examining him from head to toe.
"Yeah Daddy... Zoey and some pretty lady took me and said they weren't giving me back," he explains. "When I was having my attack the pretty lady said to leave me but Zoey couldn't she said no and dropped me off at the hospital."
"I'm just happy you're okay," I admit.
"Where's Mommy," he asks glancing around.
"She's on her way," I answer. But honestly I don't know.
"Can you get me some Bojangles," he asks knowing I'm not going to say no.
"Coming right up," I reply.
------------------------------------------

Carmen.

"I just want to know why," I say with my arms folded sitting in the interrogation room. "Why did they break into my house? Why'd they take my child? Most of all, why did they try to kill me?"
"Zoey admitted to kidnapping Isaiah. Nina is her sister. In college Nina got pregnant by Justin but she miscarried and never got over it," Detective Pierce explains. "I guess the fact that you got the happy ending made them jealous. Their plan at first was for Zoey to just break you and Justin up but when you embarrassed her at some cookout they thought to get even."
"That's bull---- can I please go home now. I know Isaiah is awake and looking for me," I say and he nods.
"Yeah you can go home. They broke into your house and you were protecting yourself. We let your sister go to," he explains and I nod getting up from the chair.

"Where's Isaiah," I ask walking into my house. Justin appears carrying my sleeping baby.
"Give me my baby," I say and Justin hands him over. "You can get your stuff and leave." Justin looks at me crazy.
"What are you talking about," he groans.
"I said leave. What don't you understand. Get your shit and leave," I say.
"Carmen, you need to calm down," my mother states getting upset.
"I want him out," I say as Crystal grabs Isaiah from me and carries him to the back.
"Those women stole my baby because of you," I yell pointing my finger in his face. "They tried to kill me over you!"
"What the hell are you talking about," Justin asks. "You always talking shit and blaming me! Taking everything out on me!" He bumps past me.
"Zoey was Nina's sister. Does that name ring a bell? It should she was pregnant by you," I yell. "I blame you for everything because a lot of this mess is your fault. So if I get rid of the problem I won't have any. So like I said before. Leave."
"Alright fine if that's what will make you happy I'll leave. But don't think one second I'm leaving my son. I'll be back," he states and grabs a bag before storming out of the house.
-----------------------------------------

I know y'all have something to say... So go ahead and leave a comment.