Chapter 2.

"Joining me today on the Talk is NBA star Justin McNealy. Welcome to the show Justin," the shows host Lisa Mae says.
"Thanks for having me," he replies.
"So you're winning on and off the court Mr. McNealy I see you just recently posed on the cover of GQ mag. how was that," she asks.
"An amazing opportunity I enjoyed every moment," he answers.
"And we enjoyed every moment of looking at you in the magazines didn't we ladies?!" The women cheer in the audience. "In suits and ties and also shirtless. That amazing smile of yours, you're probably a heartbreaker aren't you?" Justin chuckles. I swear he's eating this up his head is big enough.
"I wouldn't say that," he answers with his signature smile.
"So there isn't a special girl," Lisa Mae asks. Justin's face lights up. There better not be.
"Yeah she special always has been always will be," he answers. I immediately get jealous listening to him. Why did he want me to tune in if he's just gonna talk about another girl on live television? Not only am I embarrassed I'm heartbroken.
"So you're not a single man," Lisa Mae asks.
"I'm single," he answers.
"I'm confused there's a special girl but you're single," she asks.
"She's my best friend," he answers. I immediately feel like I'm about to pass out. Did he just say his best friend? "She's the first girl I speak to when I wake up and the last before I go to sleep. She knows everything about me and I know everything about her. I'm just waiting for the chance to tell her I'm in love with her." I can't breathe I think I need CPR. I put my hand over my chest.
"What's her name," Lisa Mae asks the camera zooms out and you can tell the whole audience is waiting to find out who she is. Who I am.
"She knows who she is," Justin answers looking directly in the camera, looking directly at me.
--------------------------------------------I've been avoiding him.
I don't know how to face him.
Everything is different now.
Where would we start?
I can only imagine holding his hand in public which I already do but him being my man and us holding hands. Kissing his lips those perfect pink lips of his. There's so much I'm looking forwarded to when it comes to us but I'm just afraid.
I'm such a punk.
A scaredy cat.
It's been two weeks since we last spoke and that's when he was inviting me to visit. He still text me everyday good morning, goodnight, and just wondering when I'm gonna reply.
I miss him.
"Carmen you can't ignore him forever he told the whole world he's in love with you and you decide to disappear on him. You've been waiting for this your whole life and now that it's knocking at your door you won't open it. You're crazy girl if I had Justin McNealy falling head over hills I'd marry him before he could think twice about it," she states causing me to laugh.
"Damon and Morgan would love that," I say.
"I'm just saying he's a great guy I have my great guy I want you to have yours," she states.
He is my great guy.
I guess I've got to stop being afraid.
1
2
3
Stop.
Stop being afraid.
If only it was that easy.
---------------------------------------------
Am I crazy to take the six hour drive to Charlotte at midnight?
Well I did.
I couldn't sleep.
I know. I'm crazy.
I pull up to his loft and ride up the elevator holding a cup of coffee and an overnight bag.
Standing at the door I debate knocking it's six in the morning.
What am I supposed to say?
Hey or hi?
What's up stranger?
Oh my God. I knock twice and ring the doorbell a few seconds later.
"Who is it," I hear him asks through the door. I freeze. What do I say? It's me? Carmen. Meme the woman you love? "Carmen what are you doing here," he asks opening the door. My throats feeling dry.
"I missed you."
"I haven't spoken to you in two weeks and you pop up at my door saying you missed me," he says while shaking his head. "Come in."
---------------------------------------------

Vote & Comment please!