Chapter 8. Pt 2

------------------------------
Here is the rest of chapter 8 my lovely readers.
------------------------------
Carmen.

Three good reasons.
And I can't come up with one.
"How about I'm afraid," I ask. He laughs and throws a ball across the court.
"That's a bullshit excuse that you come up with all the time to keep yourself from loving me Carmen. But the problem is is that you do love me," he states.
I know I do.
"What if you hurt me? There's so many women out here trying so hard to be with you and you want me," I say.
"Exactly I want you," he replies and starts dribbling a ball.

--------------------------------------------

"Why are you two at my door? It's five o'clock y'all should either be having sex or on a date. But you're at my door interrupting our sex," Johanna states making me laugh. Justin and Damon sit and talk on the couch while Johanna and I head in the kitchen. "Tell me what's wrong it's written all over your face."
"I have a secret Johanna and you're gonna be pissed and if Justin ever found out he'd kill me," I whisper glancing over my shoulder at Justin talking with Damon on the couch.
"What is it Carmen," she asks in a serious tone.
"Promise not to freak first," I say.
"I can't promise and you better tell me," she states dragging me to her bedroom and snatching the door closed.
"Umm..."
My throat feels dry.
I can't really breathe.
It's a secret.
A big secret.
"Tell me Meme," Johanna says.
1
2
3
I can do this.
"I-I had a baby when I was seventeen... with Justin going off to school and playing ball I decided to keep my pregnancy a secret and after I heard that Justin was sleeping around up here it made it easier for me to," I admit.
"What the hell Carmen I know you're kidding," Johanna states with her hand over her mouth.
"I was a scared kid. I didn't know what to do. My Mom came up with the idea to pretty much take care of him while I went to school. I call him when I can and whenever I visit home I'm with him. He knows I'm his mother and that Justin is his dad he just has never met him," I explain.
"I can't believe my ears," Johanna states shaking her head. "This is why you act the way that you do Carmen you're hiding this big ass secret."
"After I got pregnant my parents moved from Charlotte, North Carolina to Virginia. My Dad told everyone it was because his job. Up there I didn't have to keep him a secret as long as I kept him from Justin," I explain.
"You have to tell him," Johanna yells in disbelief.
"Tell me what," Justin asks busting into the bedroom.
Oh my god.
I can't---
Think
Breathe
Talk
Oh god Carmen talk.
"Nothing."
Not only is he my best friend,
Cheerleader,
Doctor,
Protector,
Therapist,
Masseuse,
Chauffeur,
Lover...... He's my son's  father.
But that's my secret from him.

------------------------------------------

Doing a little dance my feet and back hurt and a couple hours late but hey part two is here.
Comment & Vote