Chapter 25.

Carmen.

It's been almost two days.
Without my child.
Without sleep.
Also, without a good state of mind.
"Carmen, I need you to calm down," Detective Pierce states as I pace around my living room. I pick up a vase and throw it across the room.
"Don't tell me to calm down. I'm gonna tell you this and I hope you hear me clearly when I say when I find this bitch she's dead. So you better find her before I do," I state and everybody's jaw drops.
"Carmen, you need some sleep--" I cut Justin off.
"How am I supposed to sleep when my child is only God knows where," I yell.
"Carmen," Crystal yells. "You need to chill out, seriously."
Tears stream down my cheeks. I didn't even notice that I was crying.
"Baby," Justin wraps his arms around me and I cry into his shirt.
I can't deal with this.
I step back and walk into the kitchen grabbing the bottle of Vodka I bought last night.
"Carmen this isn't going to help you," Crystal fusses trying to take the bottle from me.
I push her back and she hits the wall.
"Just leave me alone," I yell and bump past her.
-------------------------------------------

Justin.

My cellphone vibrates.
Unknown: I didn't know he had asthma. I'm sorry.
The house phone rings seconds later.
"I'm Doctor Patterson looking for Justin and Carmen McNealy," the Doctor explains.
"This is Justin." Everyone in the room is looking at me.
"Your son Isaiah is in intensive care. He walked into the hospital while having an asthma attack we got to him just in time--" I hang up the phone and grab my things.
"Isaiah is in the ICU." I look around noticing Carmen isn't in the room. "Meme!" I walk down the hall to the bedroom finding her passed out on the bed. "Carmen I need you to get up," I say while shaking her. She opens her puffy bloodshot eyes. "Isaiah is in the hospital--"
"Oh my God," she jumps up from the bed then completely stops and holds her head. "I think I drunk a little too much--"
"You shouldn't have been drinking in the first place," I fuss.
"Please McNealy, I don't need you fussing at me right now. I can't handle this. I just want my baby. I don't care about anything else," she states.
"What about me," I ask catching her off guard.
"Not now," she replies.
------------------------------------------

I'm sick y'all and I'm trying to bounce back.
More tomorrow, promise.