Chapter 24.

I had to get a grip.
Thanks to the best readers.
-----------------------------------------

Carmen.

I wake up in bed alone.
What's that noise?
It's a creaking coming from the floor but I know the only people in this house are Isaiah and I.
Isaiah.
He slept with me.
He must have gotten hungry.
"Isaiah, baby why are you up so late," I asks while climbing out of bed.
It's after midnight.
I walk out my room and down the hall. "Isaiah, I know you hear me where are you?"
What the hell?
The front door is open.
"Isaiah!" I run to the open door and out of it looking for Isaiah. "Where are you baby?" I run back in the house grabbing my cell.
"Hello, police I can't find my son...!"
-----------------------------------------

Justin.

Shit.
Shit.
Shit.
I made it back to Atlanta as soon as I could.
I can't believe Isaiah is missing.
"Do you have any idea who could have taken your son," the detective asks.
"What kind of question is that if I knew who had my son I wouldn't be standing here in front of you," Carmen argues.
Should I mention the text?
I stand there and nervously run my hands through my hair.
"Do you have something you need to say Mr. McNealy," Detective Pierce asks.
"Umm..." I clear my dry throat.
"Did you just ummm Justin someone may have our son my baby and you're just gonna stand there and umm," Carmen yells glaring at me.
"I've been receiving weird text for the last couple of weeks from an unknown number..."
"Weird text and you didn't think to share this with anyone else? You're literally wasting time that we could use finding my baby," Carmen fusses.
"Mrs. McNealy.." Carmen cuts off the detective.
"We're not married my name is Carmen," she says and folds her arms across her chest.
I shake my head her attitude is truly pissing me off.
I'm just as scared and upset as she is.
"Can we take a look at those weird text you've been receiving," Detective Pierce asks I quickly unlock my phone pull up the text and hand over the phone.
Unknown: I miss you.
Unknown: Good morning handsome.
Unknown: Enjoy your day.
Unknown: Goodnight babe.
Unknown: How's Isaiah? I wonder if our kid would have been as beautiful as he is.
Unknown: Let's play a game.
Unknown: I like hide and see.
"That's the last one I received before Carmen called me saying Isaiah was missing," I explain.
"And like I said before you didn't think to tell us this," Carmen yells and swings at me. "Fuck you! If something happens to my baby I'll never forgive you!"
"Carmen," the Detective warns. "Mr. McNealy who do you think could be the person sending these messages?"
"Ummm..."
"Justin if you ummm again I swear to God. It better not be that skinny bitch Zoey," Carmen yells and scratches her head thinking about it. "Nah, that bitch is not that stupid."
"Who is Zoey," the detective asks writing on his notepad. I look at Carmen waiting for her to answer.
Hell I'm scared to talk.
"Skinny bitch isn't a good enough description. I don't know why you're looking at me! She worked for you," Carmen yells and rolls her eyes.
What have I done?
Is this my fault?

------------------------------------------

Vote and comment.