Sorry

"Hey" I said perkily as I walked up to my best friend Kayla. She stands by her locker getting her morning books.

"Hey" she said back.

"Guess what?" She asked.

"What?" I ask her back

"I got the new I phone 8!!" She exclaims.

"Oh that's awesome!" I say sharing her joy.

"Yeah. And my number got switched so let me give you the new one" she said. She reached into her locker and pulled out and note pad and a pen and scribbled down 7 numbers and no area code.

"Thanks" I say once she hands it to me and I pocket it. Just as I do our best guy friend walks up. Tyson.

"Hey gracy" he says happily greeting me. Kayla coughs to signal.

"Oh and Kayla's here too" Tyson says laughing. Kayla shots him a glare. "I'm kidding I'm kidding" he says laughing even I can't help but giggle a little and Kayla cracks a smile.

"So what's goin on?" Tyson asks.

"Kayla got a new phone" I say before she could even take her next breath

"Oh cool" he says calmly, like getting a new phone is just an everyday thing

"And I got a new number so here" she says writhing her number again and giving it to Tyson. "Thanks" he says and puts it in his pocket. Then ash comes over and leans on kaylas locker and grabs her from behind. No, he's not a rapist. Just her boyfriend. She squeals and turns around to kiss him. I hold my book In front of my face and Tyson says "eww" and then runs behind the book with me until they stop. They laugh at us, "You guys are 21 and in college. You shouldn't be 'ewwing' and hiding behind books like little kids." Ash says. Tyson sticks his tongue out at them And they laugh again.

"Oh yeah just cause we're college kids we're totally gonna make out in the hall in front of everyone" I say sarcastically.

"Come on babe lets go to the janitors closet for 7 minutes in heaven" Tyson says jokingly grabbing my hand. "Oh darling I thought you'd never ask" I say my words laced with sarcasm then I bite my lip seductively before we all break down laughing. the bell rings telling us to get to class. "Come on ash" Kayla says dragging him off for their lit class. Me and Tyson walk together to advanced chem. We take our seats while the teacher gets her things together. "I'm glad it's Friday" I whisper in Tyson's ear. He nods and laughs quietly. I see just a glint of the twinkle in his eye before he turns his head back to the front
<•>***
Many boring hours later I'm driving to my apartment that I share with Kayla. Tyson rooms with another guy in the next apartment across the hall. Me and Kayla and Tyson normally car pool but Kayla and ash had a date today and Tyson had to re take a test so he had to stay late.

I pulled into my apartments parking lot and got my backpack and climbed the stairs. I get out my key and let my self into the apartment. I tossed my back pack in a chair and pulled out my phone. I pressed the home button and gave Siri the command to turn on the Bluetooth speaker we have. Soon music came out and I grabbed a granola bar and plopped down on the couch to work on a little on my home work before Tyson got home. He was planning on taking me to dinner while Kayla was off with ash. First I pulled out kaylas number and put it into my phone. Her hand writing was kinda messy so I just hope I got the numbers right. I sent a simple hey.

Not 5 seconds later a reply came.

'Hello, who is this?' It said.

'This is grace. Is this Kayla?' I sent. I put the phone down and pulled out my notebook and then my phone buzzed again.