Talk time with tyson

(Don't you all just love the chapter title😂 lol)

GRACE POV

Thomas started to drive back to the apartments. After maybe 5 minutes of silence i reached over and put my hand on his leg. he looked over and smiled at me.

"if this is your way of turning me on.. Then your spot on love" he said and that made me giggle and I left my hand there until my phone buzzed.

it was Tyson calling.

Once I picked up I let my hand return.

"Hey" he said quickly.

"What is it Tyson" I said irritably.

"Calm down" he said.

"How can I calm down when you caused such a big mess back there" I said angered.

"Look I'm sorry. Dylan told me that Thomas stole you from him and he was so sad so I said I'd help him but then Dylan broke down crying and confessed. Then we saw that Thomas went off and we didn't know were you where." Tyson said.

"I'm fine. I'm with Thomas. We had a little...calming down time" I said smiling looking over at him and he smiled while looking at the road and I drew little circles on his leg with my pointer finger.

"Oh" Tyson said.

"So yeah. What's up with Dylan" I asked.

"He's at my place feeling like shit" Tyson said.

"We'll be there soon and Thomas will deal with him. Where's Kayla" I asked.

"She's been fangirling and thinking of ship names" Tyson said and I could almost hear his smile.

"Oh" I said giggling.

"So yeah. How far are you guys?" Tyson asked.

I put my hand over the speaker and asked Thomas that question.

"Uhh, maybe 15 minutes love" he said and I told Tyson that we were 15 minutes away

"Okay cause Dylan needs a friend" Tyson said and i could almost sense the worry in his voice.

"Okay we'll be there soon. And don't let him get bad" I said making the word bad sound differently to let him know what I ment.

"I won't" he said.

"Bye" I said.

"I love you grace"

"Good bye Tyson" I said then hung up.

I let the phone just drop.

I propped my head up with one hand while I left the other on Thomas' leg cause I knew he liked it. I could feel the warmth under his dark jeans. I thought about the book looking for Alaska.

Miles kept thinking about how many layers there was between him and Alaska, the girl he liked.

One layer. Between me and Thomas. One physical layer but so so many mental layers. Tyson. Dylan. How we just met. How he is so fragile. How he's older. But four years won't mean anything later in life. But there's still so much.

One physical layer but so many mental.

I finally had to take my hand away from his leg because I was crying.

"What's wrong love?" Thomas asked concerned.

"Just life" I said drying some of my tears.

"I know that story but tell me the long one" he said holding his hand Palm up for me to get. I took it gently and started.

"Tyson said he loved me and I just hung up and I feel bad now"

"Don't baby. You can sort it all out when we get there"

"I know but I just feel bad now" I said sniffling.

"Why? He did bad things to you"

"Because Thomas. I know know how it feels to say that to someone and them not say it back" I said softly.

"Oh, yeah." He said.

"I'm so sorry. It hurts me to see you cry. I know it had to feel horrible and I'm sorry. Please-accept my apology"

"I do but don't do that again please. It felt like a knife was thrown through my heart but yet I couldn't die from it. Even though I felt like crawling in a hole and dying and I hate myself for just putting Tyson through that" I said wiping more tears.

"But he deserved it-"

"And I bet you thought I did at the time too"

And then he fell silent.

"Didn't you?"

"I'm gonna be honest. Yeah. At the time. But I would give up anything but you to take that pain away now" he said squeezing my hand

"That's nice to hear" I said wiping a few more tears away. 

"I'm so sorry" he said again

"I forgave you" I said squeezing his hand

"Grace" he said after a minute of silence.

"Yeah" I said looking over at him.

"When do you think you'll be able to forgive me?"

"What do you mean? I just forgave you"

"I don't believe it" he said.

"Why not?" I said.

"Because. I would have expected more than words" he said smirking. I knew were he was going with this.

"Like what else?" I said smiling.

"Like maybe.... Oh I don't know...this-" he said moving my hand to sit on his leg again. He moved my hand to be Palm down and he held my wrist and slowly brought my hand up his leg to his chest. Right on top of his heart.

"Do you feel that?" He asked.

"Yeah. It's your heart" I said like duh.

"Do you feel it beating" he asked.

"Yeah. It's a little fast though" I said smiling.

"You know why" he asked smiling.

"Why" I said playing along.

"You." He said smiling and blushing.

"Awe" I said quietly.

"To be honest, when you texted-my heart always speed up when I saw a reply. And then when we kissed I was afraid you would hear it it was so loud and hard." I admitted.

"Well I didn't hear it or feel it but that might have been because fire works were going off inside me when we kissed" he said with a little smile.

I blushed and pulled my hand away.

"I just don't think this should be what we're doing while you're driving" I said stifling a laugh.