∞Chapter 4∞

Song: Cali Girls- R5

"Don't ruin a good today by thinking of a bad yesterday." -Russell Simmons

"Hey, Brooky! I can't wait to sing for you today." A deep voice greeted, and I rolled my eyes. Glancing to the locker beside me, Nate was standing there grinning, leaning against the locker with his arms crossed over his chest. He was wearing a red v-neck paired with dark denim jeans. I rolled my eyes again as I grabbed my books, glancing at Nate. His eyes were glued on my Backstreet Boys poster in my locker, and I could tell by the way he bit his lip, he was trying to hold back his laughter. "Backstreet Boys? That's golden. You're one of those boy band crazed girls."

"For starters, don't call me Brooky ever again. And I'm not crazily in love with them, they are just musically inclined, unlike you." I glared, and he winked. "Don't you have somewhere to be? Like getting ready to bore us to death?"

Nate chuckled, pushing off the locker. "Sweetheart, I won't be boring anyone. Especially your friends who are walking this way."

I whipped around to see what he was looking at, and sure enough, the whole team was walking down the hall. They all had the same expression on their face when they realized who was standing next to me; complete and utter awe. The girls started squealing, running up to us. Nate laughed, shooting them a smile, and I swore they almost fainted.

"That's my cue to put my charm on." He murmured, moving closer to me. "Mind introducing them?"

I sighed, facing the girls. I introduced them left to right. "That's Marilyn, Jamie, Sarah, Jessica, and Renee. They're my teammates."

Nate stepped in front of them, his smile growing bigger. "Nice to meet you guys. Got anything for me to sign?"

The girls handed him their school books, and he signed each one of them. I stood at my locker, awkwardly waiting for him to walk away, and when he was finished signing their books, he faced me again, his smile breaking into a grin.

"I'd say my charm worked pretty well, wouldn't you?" He questioned, wiggling his eyebrows, and I raised a single eyebrow at him.

"What charm?"

Nate chuckled, kissing my cheek. "See ya later, Brooky."

He walked towards the auditorium, and I rubbed my cheek. Why must he do that? I didn't want his lips anywhere near me. I was just about ready to burn that part of my face off.

When I faced the girls again, their jaws were dropped, and I shot them a confused look. "What?"

"He kissed your cheek!"

"You were talking to the Nate Jackson! Willingly!"

"I thought you hated him!?"

"Why couldn't you share!?"

"Alright, I got the point." I laughed, holding my books tighter against my chest. They all stared at me, waiting for answers. "I didn't ask him to kiss me on the cheek. If I could, I would burn that piece of my skin off."

I stuck my tongue out at them, and they gasped in unison. "Second, he came up to me, and you all know me well enough to know I wouldn't willingly talk to him."

We started walking to class, and the girls remained huddled around me, waiting for me to finished. I sighed as we reached homeroom, and as I sat down, they sat at their desks, looking at me eagerly.

"Third, I do hate him. That hasn't changed, and it never will. And finally, you guys can have him all you want. Come over any time." We all laughed, and then we faced the front of the class. Low conversations bounced around the room before the teacher walked in and smiled at us, greeting us with good morning.