∞Chapter 5∞

Song: Good Thing- Jake Miller

Book trailer is attached to this chapter :)

"Stalking is such a strong word. I prefer 'Intense Research of an individual'." -Girlfromparis, Tumblr

"What the hell, Nate!?" He flinched when I screamed, and Jamie stared at me, her eyes growing wide. She glanced between Nate and I before she stood.

"I'm just gonna go now..." Jamie trailed off, speed walking out of the house, and then Nate stood, glaring at me.

"What? Are you made because I stopped your little face sucking session!?"

He crossed his arms over his chest, his eyes narrowing. "You have to ruin everything for everyone! Why couldn't you let us be!?"

"Maybe because you just got here and suddenly think you can just make out on the couch! You have a room for a reason, so make out in there!" I yelled, and he sarcastically laughed. I rolled my eyes as he walked towards the staircase. "And secondly, you made out with one of the girls on my team! That's a bit creepy if you ask me, considering you just met the girl."

"So now you're jealous of her? You are really something, Brooke Anderson."

I groaned, holding my head. "You are so infuriating!"

He smirked at me as I stormed past him towards my room, making sure to slam the door. Once inside, I leaned against the door, letting out deep, angry breaths. I never knew I could hate someone as much as I hated him.

Once I was calm, I got ready for softball and grabbed my bag. I slid on my cleats and walked downstairs, meeting dad at the door.

"Wait here, Brooke. I need to grab a paper from your mom." Dad ran back the hallway to her office, and Nate walked in the door, glanced at me, and then walked straight forward. He walked towards his room, managing to bump my shoulder on his way. I glared at him, even though he couldn't see it. Dad ran back out, and we walked to his truck, driving to the field. All the girls were already there. I hopped out of the truck and ran into the dugout.

"Alright girls, two laps around the field, and then go stretch and warm up!" I hollered, and we all ran two laps. After that, everyone stretched, and we grabbed our gloves and ball to warm up.

***

Practice flew by fast, and by the time I knew it, practice was over. Everyone gathered their things, and I noticed Jamie was completely dazed as she stuffed her stuff in her bag.

"Jamie, can you stay here for a second?" I questioned, and she glanced at me, slowly nodding. Once we were finished putting our stuff away, we sat on the bench in the dugout.

"So, you and Nate?"

Jamie sighed, twiddling her thumbs. "I know we should've gone somewhere else, but--"

"It's okay. I'm not mad-- at least not at you--, but I am confused. You guys just met." Jamie nodded before a small smile crossed her face, and we leaned back on the bench.

"True, but he's such a sweet guy. Nate came up to me after the show at school, and we talked a bit. He took me out during lunch, and the more we talked, the more we got along. One thing led to another, and we just ended up at your house. I didn't plan it, and neither did he. Things like that just happen, Brooke."

I slowly nodded, taking it all in, before I stood and grabbed my stuff. Jamie grabbed her bag, and we walked out to the parking lot. I threw my stuff in dad's truck, and I watched as Jamie walked over to Nate's car, smiling at him. As I hopped into dad's truck, I rolled my eyes.

When I finally got home, I praised the Lord. Nate's car wasn't there, which meant I could have a couple hours of peace. After getting my bag out of the back seat, I ran up to my room, hearing a shower calling my name. Don't get me wrong; I loved softball and summer, but the heat made me feel so nasty and sticky.

I stayed in the shower longer than needed, but it relieved all the tension I had from Nate and Jamie, and all the sweat from softball. As I turned off the water, I realized I forgot my clothes. Cursing a line of profanities, I wrapped a towel around my body and hopped out of the shower, glancing around. Luckily, I found a clean bra and underwear hung up on a towel hook by the shower and slipped them on. I wrapped my hair in the towel and walked out of the bathroom, the cool air hitting me.

And, not to mention, Nate's wide, roaming eyes.

My jaw dropped, and I was almost certain my eyes grew as wide at Nate's as I stared at him.

"What in the living hell are you doing in my room!?" I panicked, searching for another towel in my room, and Nate blinked.

"I was just-- I was going to--" He stuttered, and suddenly I felt all the embarrassment in the world. Nate saw me in my bra and underwear. It couldn't get anymore awkward. Nate must have realized what was going on, because he stopped stuttering, a smirk growing on his lips. God only knew how it could turn out.

"You know," He started, moving closer to me, "Usually the girls who throw themselves at a guy purposely put themselves in this kind of situation. If you wanted me to see you so bad, you could've just asked. I would've delivered, sweetheart."

I flipped him off. "I don't throw myself at guys, asshole, and I don't need your delivery."

Walking behind him, I placed my hands on his broad shoulders and shoved him towards the door. His muscles flexed under my hands, and my face heated up.

Damn, he's built. It kind of feels good.

Leave it to my stupid subconscious to bump in at the wrong time. I pushed him all the way out, and then I slammed the door in his face.

"Making me leave so soon? What a shame."

I rolled my eyes, waiting until he's gone to talk again. "I hate him so much."

"Heard that."

I jumped, clutching my heart. I swore he was gone. My mind drifted back to how embarrassing it was to have him see me in that condition. I hated him enough, and then he seen me half naked. Talk about weird. The week was already not off to a good start, and I had a feeling it could only get worse.

Especially since Nate walked back in, and I still wasn't properly dressed. 

************************************
Hey guys!

So lots of awkward tension. Mostly just tension all together.

Picture of Jamie at the topThe quote for this chapter was because Brooke asked Jamie about her and Nate, and then Nate was snooping through her stuff. ;)

Teaser: Jamie has a confession, and Kenny makes an appearance. Nate has a performance, and then he does something Brooke never expected. 

Make sure to comment, vote, and spread the word! Next update will be Tuesday, and it will be updated every Tuesday and Thursday!

Thanks for reading!

Much love, 

-Abby