∞Chapter 34∞

Song: Cold As You- Taylor Swift 

"Don't make her heart cry. It's tired of brutal love." -mst

The morning after the party, I didn't remember anything. All I remembered was talking to the guy in my room about Nate, and him comforting me, but then I was knocked out. What I did know, was I had a killer headache, and my stomach ached. Slowly rolling out of bed, I walked downstairs to find some pain pills. I grabbed two pills, a water bottle, and chugged the pills down. Chelsea walked into the kitchen, and when she saw me, she covered her mouth to contain her laughter. I glared at her, holding my head.

"Too much to drink, cuz?" She teased, and I wished looks could have killed, because I would have strangled her with my eyes.

"Hilarious." I muttered, glaring at her, and she winked before sitting at the island. A sharp pain shot through my head, and I groaned, holding my head in my hands. Nick walked in and kissed Chelsea's cheek, making her smile at him. Followed by him was Nate, who still looked angry.

"Hey, Nate." Nick greeted, nodding his head at Nate, and Nate nodded back before sitting at the island. Everyone grew quiet, but Nick wasn't having the silence. "So, do you guys wanna go out with us to the diner before we leave?"

As long as I don't have to sit by him, I thought, but didn't say. Instead, I responded with, "Sure."

"I'm not going anywhere with her." Nate pointed towards me, glaring, and I looked away. He didn't have to keep making it known that he didn't want me. I knew with every word that passed his lips. I didn't matter to him, and knowing that hurt me more than anything ever could.

"What did I do to you?" I asked, glaring at him, and I wish I would've stayed quiet, because I knew my heart wouldn't have been able to take another fight.

You really have to ask?

My subconscious ever so kindly taunted me, and if it wasn't for my raging headache, I would have hit my head to keep it from reminding me why Nate stopped loving me. Why he hesitated to tell me he loved me.

"Oh, I wonder." He growled, glaring at me. "Maybe because you made out with the guy who used you, and then after everything he did, you let him feel you up."

My mouth dropped, and Chelsea and Nick also stared at both of us in shock. As I registered what he said, I quickly replaced my shock with a glare. Nate stared at me, silently challenging me to say something back. He wanted to get a rise out of me, and he was going to get it. I never once got to say what I wanted to say about what he did, and he wasn't going to win the fight for once.

"You're one to talk. You cheated on me with my best friend and act like it's perfectly fine!" I hissed, and Nate bitterly laughed, so, I continued. "At least Kenny didn't get the girl he cheated on me with pregnant! At least he admitted he used me!"

Nate laughed more, and I finally had enough. My fists clenched, and I growled, "At least he had some decency and could act like a gentleman."

The sad part was, it wasn't true, the things I said about Kenny. But I knew it would get under Nate's skin if he heard me speak so highly of another guy, and that was what I needed to get us back on track. If he still reacted to the things I said, maybe there was a sliver of hope for us. It was what I needed to keep going.

But what scared me was the silence that followed my words. It scared Nick and Chelsea too, because they practically flew out of the room. Nate stood, stalking towards me until my back hit the wall. His hands gripped my shoulders, and I whimpered in pain, which caused him to loosen his grip slightly, but not too much.