∞Chapter 14∞

Song: Stayin' Alive- Bee Gees 

"Every day is a good day to be alive, whether the sun's shining or not." -Marty Robbins

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I glanced up to see Nate leaning against my doorway, his arms crossed over his chest, and I quickly wiped at my eyes before shaking my head. He sighed before he walked over and sat in front of me on my bed. "Well, you're going to anyway. Don't think we're friends, though."

I rolled my eyes. "Jerk."

He smirked, patting my knee. "Proud of it, love."

"Daisy is my dog. My pap gave her to me when I was three, a couple months before he died, and she's always been like a piece of him to keep for a while." I sighed, bringing my knees to my chest. "About a year ago, we learned she had cancer, so we sent her to my grandma's to get the best treatment in the country. He cured her, but she had to stay there for a while. One night, she got loose, and we haven't been able to find her since."

Biting my lip, I looked away, so he wouldn't see the tears threatening to spill, and I expected him to make fun of me, but what he did blew my mind. Nate moved closer and wrapped his long, muscular arms around my small frame, pulling me so close, there was no space between us.

And for once, I wouldn't lie. Being in his arms was the warmest and safest I had felt in a long time-- not even Kenny could make me feel the way Nate's arms did.

"I'm sorry, love. I promise I'll help find her." He whispered, and I wrapped my arms around his neck, burying my head in his shoulder. I couldn't speak, but I nodded, and his arms tightened around me. "How was your date with Kenny?"

I sighed, snuggling into him. "He left before we could even do anything. His mom needed him."

"That sucks."

"Yeah..." I muttered, wiping at my eyes, and Nate sighed. We stayed in each other's embrace for a couple minutes before I pulled away to look at him. "Why are you being so nice all of a sudden?"

Nate's lips quirked up, and he winked at me. "It's my southern hospitality."

I rolled my eyes, chuckling under my breath. Nate's arms tightened around me as he chuckled with me, and when our laughter died down, he stared at me, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. I stared at him for a second, before I buried my head in his shoulder again.

"It's gonna be okay, Anderson. You'll get through this." He assured me, pressing a gentle kiss against my forehead. "As much as I'd love to stay, I have to be at the studio tomorrow. You can come if you want."

I nodded again, and he hugged me once more before he left my room. After he was gone, I crawled under my covers and fell into a deep sleep. It didn't last long, because I was awoken to giggling coming from down the hall.

I was going to kill Nate for interrupting my beauty sleep.

Climbing out of my bed, I stormed down to his door, pounding against it as I screamed, "Nate! Take it somewhere else! I'm trying to sleep!"

Someone mumbled something from behind his door, and then it swung open to reveal a very shirtless and disheveled Nate. He ran his hand through his hair as he glared at me, and then he stepped out of his door, closing it behind him.

"Seriously? I'm trying to have a good night with my girlfriend." He glared at me again. "Do you have to interrupt with your petty problems?"

I glared back, and his glare intensified. I scoffed. "For someone who has to get up so early to go to the studio, it really doesn't seem like you care about sleep."