∞Chapter 28∞

Song: FU- Miley Cyrus ft. French Montana 

"With all the smiles you brought me, I never thought that you could cause me so many tears." -Anonymous

It had been four days since Nate and I talked. After our fight, we silently vowed to ignore each other, until the tension between us simmered down. I knew confronting him about what happened was the right thing to do, but I was the most lonely I had ever been without him. I had more trouble falling asleep-- since he didn't lay with me anymore-- and often, I sat around the house, listening to music without any sound besides my music. Every time I saw Nate walking around, he would look away, and neither of us said a word. He kept his distance, and I kept mine, simply because I was afraid of finding out more to the story, and the bit I already knew about it was enough.

It hurt to know things were changing. We were doing so good, especially since when we first met, we didn't exactly like each other, and then, we were everything except good. But here's the thing: many warned me, saying, "love hurts", but it's the biggest lie out there. All my life, love had only healed, it made people whole again and filled them with goodness. Love made people better in all kinds of ways. I knew, because I loved Nate, and I still did, even during the fight (even though I hadn't told him yet), and he made me a better person. Our love made me appreciate every little thing. It healed me from what Kenny did to me, and it made me happier than I had ever been.

But what did hurt, was the betrayal, thoughtlessness, and wrong decisions. What hurt was only seeing the good in a person, believing they would never hurt you, and when you turn your back for one single second, there they go-- hurting you in the worst way possible. I never believed in a million years that Nate would cheat on me with my best friend, let alone cheat at all, and seeing it was enough to tear me apart. All I could do was pray to God we got through the worst and still made it out together.

I was in the living room watching a movie, when Nate ran down the stairs and into the room. He had his phone balanced between his shoulder and his ear, and when he saw me, he quickly diverted his attention to the TV.

"Yeah, man. I'll be at the studio soon. I gotta go meet Jamie first." He said into the phone, and my heart dropped. He was meeting Jamie? God only knew what that meant, and I hoped it didn't mean he was leaving me for her. As mad as I was at him, I still loved him, and losing him would be a wound I wouldn't be able to heal for a long time.

So, when he hung up the phone, I muted the TV, asking, "You're meeting Jamie?"

"Yep." He replied, popping the p, before he stuffed his phone in his pocket and walked towards the front door. "Which, by the way, is none of your business."

I quickly stood and followed, stopping him at the front door. "It kind of is my business. I'm your girlfriend, in case you forgot."

"Yeah, okay." He bitterly laughed, grabbing the door handle. "You should've thought of that before you accused me of cheating. Right now, I really don't care what you are. I don't want to talk to you."

Nate glared at me before he ran out the door, and I stood there, my eyes blurry, watching as he hopped in his car and drove away. I hadn't expected him to blow up like he did, but then again, what did I actually expect? Sometimes, Nate was like a ticking bomb, and one wrong word could set him off like the spark of a match.

Sighing, I walked back into the living room, pulling my knees to my chest after I sat on the couch. Mom walked in, glancing from me to the door, before she sat beside me, resting her hand on my knee.

"I noticed you and Nate aren't talking lately." I sighed again, looking away from her.

"We just got into a fight." I mumbled, sending her the best assuring smile I could muster up. "That's all."