∞Chapter 6∞

Song: Want to Want Me- Jason Derulo 

"Music is like a huge release of tension." -James Taylor

I quickly picked up my towel, wrapping it around my body. Nate was frozen, his eyes wide, until he finally sobered up and smirked at me, his eyes roaming. "It must be my lucky day."

My eyes narrowed into slits, and I flipped him off as I stormed into the bathroom, slamming the door. Nate's laughter rang through the air, and I groaned as I patted my cheeks to stop them from burning up. I quickly slipped on my clothes and walked into my bedroom, only to find Nate was gone. Letting out a sigh of relief, I crawled into bed, falling into a deep sleep-- such a deep sleep, I didn't hear the music playing in Nate's room until he blasted the volume. I wasn't sure how my parents didn't hear it, but then again, their bedroom was downstairs, not right beside Satan's lair.

Lucky them.

Rolling out of bed, I groaned and rubbed my eyes. I whipped open my door, stomping down to his room. Nate's bedroom door was open, and he was lying on his bed, staring at his laptop while bobbing his head to the music. His room no longer looked like the guest room. Nate had already moved in all of his stuff. Along the wall across from his bed was a couple guitars and a piano, and on the dresser adjacent to his bed was a bunch of CD's and pictures. On one of his nightstands was a snap back, and on the other nightstand was his sunglasses and bracelet. The only thing that hadn't changed was the gray walls and hardwood floor. Glaring at him, I walked over to his stereo and pressed the power button, turning off the music. Nate's head shot up, and he glared before standing and walking over to me.

"What makes you think you can turn off my stuff!?" He hissed, pressing the power button to turn the stereo back on. I was so close to it that my ears started ringing, and I flinched. I pressed the power button again, and the music shut off.

"Maybe because it's 3:30 in the damn morning, and I have school tomorrow, unlike you."

Nate rolled his eyes, pressing the power button again. "And that matters to me because?"

Instead of pressing the power button, I reached down and unplugged the cord, holding in my hand to make sure he didn't plug it back in. His eyes narrowed, and I glared at him.

"You're a jerk. You know that?"

He smirked. "Proud of it, sweetheart."

I rolled my eyes, dropped the cord, and walked towards his door. Before I closed it, I faced him again, glaring. "Don't turn it back on unless you want your face bashed in."

Nate held his hands up in surrender as I slammed the door shut, walking back to my room to try to get some sleep. The next thing I knew, mom was calling me to inform me it was time to get up, and I was still exhausted, but I rolled out of bed anyway and slipped on a baby blue dress with a pair of flats. After sliding a black headband into my hair, I applied some mascara and walk downstairs. Mom was sitting at the kitchen table, drinking her coffee, and the aroma of fresh strawberry pancakes flowed through the air.

"Good morning, sweetie. Nate has a performance after school at Marie's Diner, and I'm expecting you to go." She looked up at me, and I looked away to roll my eyes. "You can wear what you have on. It looks very nice."

"Do I have to go?" I groaned, pouring orange juice in my cup. "You know I don't like his music."

"I think deep down, she loves my music. She just also has a deep dislike for me." Nate interrupted as he walked into the kitchen. He was clad in a pair of denim jeans and a black v-neck, paired with a snap back and Nike's. Nate sat on the other side of mom, his eyes locked on me.