∞Chapter 40

Song: I'd Sing About You- Joe Nichols

"And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you, and I choose you." -The Chaos Of Stars

"Nate! That was amazing!" My mother exclaimed as she met us at the side of the stage, and we both smiled at her. She smiled back before facing me. "Brooke, I hope you don't mind, but I need to take Nate for a moment. There's someone that wants to meet him."

Mom grabbed Nate's shoulder, steering him away from me. I chuckled, walking to the side of the stage to watch people leave the stadium.

After a couple minutes, I walked through the backstage to see where Nate was, and I found him talking to my mom and a guy I had never seen before. The guy was clad in a navy blue suit, his hair was slicked back, and he carried a clipboard by his side, causing him to scream business. Somehow, I just had a feeling he was a part of the music business.

Walking closer, I stood behind a wall so I could listen to what he was saying. I leaned closer, discreetly peering around the corner.

"Hello, Nathaniel. I'm Dave Turner from Hollywood Records." He greeted, shaking Nate's hand, and Nate smiled at him. The guy pulled his clipboard up, looking over it. "We have been watching you sing ever since you started, and we believe you are Hollywood material."

Nate grinned. "Thank you, sir. Making it big has always been my dream."

"That's great. I talked to my boss in Hollywood, and we decided that we want you to move there and continue your music career. This of course means you would have a huge boost in fame, pay, and you'll be more known internationally."

"That's amazing!" Nate exclaimed, his smile growing. "Thank you so much. Can I think about it and get back to you?"

The guy glanced at his phone before turning his attention back to Nate. "Sure, but make it quick. We leave in three days, and if you take our offer, you would have to come with us."

My heart dropped in my chest, and I could no longer stand there. Nate was going to leave me. He was going to Hollywood, and I would have probably never seen him again. Just the thought of losing him for the second time, and permanently, was too much to bear. Even if we tried the long distance thing, there was always a chance of him finding someone new, someone better, and then I would be left in my small town without the love of my life. I couldn't lose him again. Not then, not ever.

I tried to run, but I ended up knocking down a drum set, causing a loud ruckus. Nate, Dave Turner, and mom turned towards me. Tears were streaming down my face when they looked at me, and I had no idea they were until I lifted a hand to my cheek to absentmindedly wipe them away. Nate opened his mouth to say something, but I ran away before he could.

"Brooke!" He called as I ran down the sidewalks, my lungs burning and my legs aching, but I kept running. "Brooke, wait!"

Tears continued streaming down my face, and when my legs finally gave out, I fell onto a bench in the back of the park. I wiped away the tears, sniffling, and buried my head into my hands.

He was going to leave. After everything we had been through.

"Brooke!" My head shot up to see mom walking towards me, and when she reached the bench, she sat down, wrapping her arms around me. I buried my head into her shoulder, still sniffling from crying.

"I can't believe he's leaving..." I sobbed, and mom soothingly rubbed my back, sighing.

"We don't know that yet, Brooke. He might decide not to go."

I slowly glanced up at her through blurry eyes, and she wiped away my tears, frowning at me. "Where is he right now?"

Mom sighed, petting my hair. "He went out to lunch with the guy from Hollywood Records. He should be back home a little after we get there."

Mom led me to her car, and she drove us home. When we pulled into the driveway, I slowly walked up the stairs, stalked into my bedroom, and changed into comfier clothes. Letting my hair flow, I climbed out of my window and up onto the roof. For about twenty minutes, I watched the sky, and then I heard someone crawl through my window, making their way to the roof. Nate's head popped up, and my breath hitched in my throat.

"How... How did you know I was up here?" I questioned, my voice cracking, and he tilted his head, causing my face to heat up.

"I figured you would be up here. It's where we went when you asked for my advice." Nate climbed up and sat beside me, leaning back on the roof. "Plus, I saw you sitting up here when I pulled in."

Nate chuckled, and I looked everywhere but at him. For a couple of minutes, we were silent, and then he sighed. "So, about after my concert..." He trailed off, and I buried my head between my knees so he couldn't see my face. "Why did you run away?"

"I heard what the guy said, Nate. If you left, we would break up. I just..." My eyes filled with tears again, and a soft sob escaped my lips. "I don't want you to leave."

Nate sighed, sitting up to grab my chin and forcing me to look at him. A single tear trickled down my face, and he wiped it away, frowning. "Even if I did leave, we wouldn't break up. You and I would always make it work. We get through everything together, love."

He faintly smiled, caressing my cheek, and I closed my eyes, leaning into his touch. "That would be if I had decided to go."

My eyes shot open, and I stared at him unflinchingly. His smile slowly grew, and my eyes grew wide. Nate's hand stopped stroking my cheek, but he still held my face in his hands, his smile radiating.

"What do you mean?"

Nate laughed, leaning closer to me. "I'm not going, love. I already told the guy I wasn't going, because I'm staying right here with you."

"But, but..." I stuttered, staring at him with wide eyes. "You have to go! You're a singer, and that's where you belong."

"No." He simply said, wiping away more tears that had fallen from my eyes. "I don't want to be there. I know where I belong, and it's right here with you. I love you, Brooke, and no matter where I am, or where either of us go, that will never, ever change." 

************************************
Hey guys!

How did y'all feel about Dave Turner showing up? Brooke's reaction? Nate's decision?

Teaser: The final chapter. Be prepared.

Make sure to comment, vote, and spread the word! We are so close to 1K!! <3

Thank you for reading!

Much love,

-Abby