∞Chapter 39∞

Song: Me and You- Jake Miller 

"If he doesn't give you the same feelings you get when the pizza guy arrives, he's probably not worth it." -Michael Clifford

When Nate and I finally went home, I was practically floating on cloud nine. We stayed up until four in the morning watching Rocky movies, and we talked and laughed all night, enjoying the presence of each other. I woke up in his arms the next morning, and at that moment, I realized everything had fallen into place, and I had gotten everything I ever dreamed of.

"Baby, I love you, and I love lying here with you," Nate said, his voice raspy from just waking up (incredibly hot, by the way), "But I have to get ready for my show."

My arms tightened around him as I buried my head in the crook of his neck. "But you're so warm. Let me enjoy this for a couple more minutes."

Nate chuckled, his arms tightening around me as he planted a gentle kiss against my forehead. "Alright, fine. A couple more minutes, but then we both have to get ready."

So, we laid there for a couple more minutes, wrapped in each other's arms. Nate's fingers traced my spine, and I smiled into his neck, happiest as I ever could be. Had someone asked me a year ago if I saw myself with the Nate Jackson, I would've laughed in their face and told them they were insane, that I could never love someone like him. But boy, did I prove myself wrong. Nate was a once in a lifetime guy, and after all that time, I couldn't imagine a life without him.

"Alright, we really have to get ready now, love." He whispered, and I nodded, pulling away from him. Nate rolled off the bed, fixed his clothes, and started walking towards the door, but before he walked out, he turned back around and pecked my lips, winking at me. I laughed as he walked away, and then I stood, walking into my bathroom to get a shower.

Once I was finished in the shower, I dug through my closet to find the perfect outfit for Nate's show. I found a lavender strapless dress, and it screamed "perfection". Pulling it out of my closet, I slipped it over my head and slipped on a pair of flip-flops to match it. I pulled two medium pieces of my hair back and clipped them, and then I applied light makeup before looking at myself in the mirror once more.

Grabbing my phone, I ran downstairs. Nate was standing by the front door with mom, and he looked amazingly handsome, if you asked me. He was clad in a black v-neck, defining his muscles extremely well, and light denim jeans. He was also wearing a beanie, and I admit, it was the hottest thing I had ever seen him wear. When Nate's eyes landed on me, his eyes lit up, and he walked closer to me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You look beautiful, love." He whispered, leaning in to kiss me, and I smiled through the kiss. When we pulled away, he was grinning from ear to ear, and it made me smile as well.

"You don't look too bad yourself."

Nate smiled, intertwining our fingers before leading us out the front door. We slid into mom's car, and she walked out, climbing into the driver's seat. She drove down to the stadium where a million screaming southern girls waiting for Nate could be heard from out in the parking lot. We got out of the car and walked to the backstage where Nate's band was warming up. I greeted them all, and then Nate sat in his chair as people started rushing from all corners to prepare him for the stage. Mom walked in and stood beside them, talking to Nate.

"Alright, Nate." She started, smiling. "This is a mini concert, which means you only need to sing three songs. Do you know which ones you're doing?"

Nate nodded as a guy clipped an earpiece to his shirt. Another girl brushed a makeup brush all over his face, and then another person handed him a microphone. His band started moving out to the stage while Nate warmed up. I sat in one of the chairs, watching him, and when he was finished, he walked over to me, resting his hands on the arms of my chair.

"So..." He trailed off, his boyish grin radiating, "How about that good luck kiss from my favorite girl?"

I smiled, slowly leaning in, and just before our lips met, I quickly pecked his cheek. Nate pouted at me, and I busted out laughing. His pout rose from his lips to those big brown eyes, and I laughed harder. "That was downright cruel, love."

His pouting only made me laugh more, and once I finally calmed down, I grabbed the collar of his shirt, smashing my lips into his. It was a long, passionate kiss, and when I pulled away, Nate was smirking.

"How was that for a good luck kiss?" I questioned, smirking back, and he chuckled, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"That was definitely more like what I wanted." His smirk broke into a grin, and he pulled me into a hug just as mom started announcing him. When he pulled away, he pecked my lips once more before saying, "That's my cue, love. I'll be back for you soon."

Nate started walking towards the stage, but he turned around, grinning widely at me. "By the way, I love you!"

Nate then ran out to the side of the stage, and I laughed, smiling like crazy. As I watched him stand on the side of the stage, I whispered, "I love you too."

Nate ran out to the stage, and the fans went wild. He greeted them, talking a bit, and then he started singing. He started with "Mind Tricks", which was a crowd favorite, and then he transitioned to "Flying Home"-- an older song, but one of my favorites. As That song ended, he glanced over at me, winking, and I instantly knew the next song was for me.

"This next song goes out to my beautiful girlfriend." He announced, and the crowd erupted in screams. "Brooke? Will you come out here?"

At first, I froze, but then I slowly started moving towards the stage, where Nate met me, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the middle of the stage. The crowd cheered louder than ever, and Nate had a guy bring out a chair for me to sit on. He adjusted his ear piece, and then he smiled at me, pressing a kiss against my cheek. Nate winked once more before the music started playing.

The song he sang talked about me and him and everything we would do together. Every time he sang about what we would or had already done together, he would look over at me and smile. The words of the song said how he would never leave me, and how no matter where we went, we would always go together, and no matter what, it was always us against the world. And for the first time in forever, I knew I had the whole world in the palm of my hand. Everything I ever dreamed of was right in front of me. When the song ended, tears were streaming down my face, but they were tears of joy. Nate walked over, wrapping his arms around me and spinning me around, and I held tightly to him. When he sat me down, he crashed his lips into mine, causing the crowd to go wild, and when we pulled away, he smiled, whispering in my ear, "I love you, Brooke. I'm crazy in love with you."

I smiled, holding his face in my hands as I whispered back, "I love you too, Nate Jackson. I've been in love with you since the beginning."

And for all those years of believing I would never find a love as good as what I finally had, I felt like I was on top of the world. Looking at him right in front of me, I realized I had the whole world right there. Nate was my everything, and for the first time, I was genuinely happy, and crazily, stupidly, in love with everything. 

************************************
Hey guys!

How did y'all feel about the concert? Nate bringing Brooke onto the stage? Their good luck kiss?

Teaser: Someone unexpected shows up to Nate's concert. Is it for better or worse?

Make sure to comment, vote, and spread the word!

Thanks for reading!

Much love,

~Abby