∞Chapter 32∞

Song: Dreaming With A Broken Heart- John Mayer 

"I don't really know what love even is, and maybe I never will. All I know is that there are some smiles you never get tired of seeing, and some hands you never want to let go of, and some absences that hurt too much to ignore." -Word Porn

I didn't have much of an appetite after Nate left my room that night, which basically meant I hadn't eaten anything at all again. With all the pain and heartache, I just didn't feel like eating much, let alone at all.

Walking into the kitchen, I rubbed my eyes and gripped the edge of the table because I grew extremely weak. I slowly sat, resting my heavy head in my hands. My eyes were drifting open and close, when someone walked into the kitchen. They stood in front of me, but I was too weak to figure out who it was. They walked out of the kitchen, and ten minutes later, they were back, shaking my shoulders. I couldn't hear what they were saying at first, but then my senses kicked in, and Nate's voice finally broke through.

"Brooke!" He yelled, causing my eyes to bolt open. "Snap out of it!"

"What, what happened?" I stared at him, my eyes still fluttering, and he blew out a breath, his grip on my shoulders loosening.

"You have to stop doing this." Nate walked to the fridge, grabbed a soda, and sat in front of me. He then walked to the cabinet and grabbed a box of honey smacks, pouring them into a bowl, placing that in front of me as well. He opened my drink since I was too weak to even move my arms, and then he sat beside me. "Eat."

I glanced over at him, shaking my head. He let out a frustrated groan, pushing the bowl closer to me. I pushed it back, shaking my head again. "I don't want to, and you can't make me."

Nate rolled his eyes. "Cool your damn attitude, Brooke. I'm trying to keep you alive."

"Keep me alive?" I bitterly laughed, glaring at him. "You don't even care about me, so why in the hell does it matter to you?"

Nate stood, cupped my face, and crashed his lips onto mine. I melted in his arms, and if it wasn't because my hands were still gripping the table, I would've collapsed on the floor. He pulled away, a storm brewing in his dark brown eyes. "I do care about you. I always have, and I always will. Now, please eat."

Nate let go of me, but I could still feel his touch lingering on my skin. He sat beside me, and I grabbed my spoon, eating a scoop of honey smacks. My taste buds danced, and I devoured the whole bowl. After I took a sip of my drink, I glanced at Nate to see he was already looking at me, before he shook his head, smiling. I wasn't completely better, but I had gained a little of my strength back.

Walking up to my bedroom, I laid on my bed since I was still weak, and Nate laid beside me, resting his arms behind his head. It was weird lying there like that with him, simply because we hadn't laid with each other since before we broke up. All I wanted to do was snuggle against him, listen to the soft beat of his heart, but I knew I couldn't. We weren't us anymore, and the thought of that broke my heart more-- if that was even possible.

"Where's Nick and Chelsea?" I questioned, covering myself up with the blanket, and Nate glanced at me before returning his gaze to the ceiling.

"Out on a date."

My eyes grew wide. "A date?"

He nodded.

"That means he--"

"Yep."

"And she--"

"Mhm."

"Wow.." I mumbled almost breathlessly, and he nodded. The room grew silent, awkward tension filling the air. We didn't look at each other, but I knew if I didn't do something, he would leave. So, I did the only thing I could think of; I wrapped my arms around his torso, burying my head into his chest.