∞Chapter 19∞

Song: Everything Has Changed- Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran 

"Give me the wisdom to know what must be done, and the courage to do it." -Positivity Note

Rainy days were always my favorite-- that is, until Nate hurt me, and the rainy day seemed a little more dreary than usual. Which was why when I woke up the next morning and saw there was a torrential downpour, I automatically knew it wasn't going to be a good day like it should have been. Not to mention, it was also the release day of Nate's newest album, Us Against Them.

Sadly, my parents both had work, which left Nate and I home alone. I knew it wouldn't take a good turn, especially after the night before. Hesitantly, I rolled out of bed and changed into a t-shirt and shorts, and braided my hair before walking down to the living room to watch TV. As I switched it on, there was a silver lining of a good day, simply because softball was on, and my team was winning. Usually, that was always a good sign, but for some reason, the world wasn't on my side that day.

Footsteps trotted down the stairs and walked out in the kitchen, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw Nate walk into the living room and sit right beside me. Neither of us said a word, but in my mind, I was strangling him to death as I yelled at him for being so stupid. A pleasant sight, truly, and I almost laughed out loud, had it not been for the culprit sitting right beside me.

The silence was filled with awkward glances towards each other, both of us trying to figure out what to say and who should say it first, and one time I glanced at him, I caught sight of the hand print on his cheek, and I instantly felt bad. Flashbacks of the night he was beat up by Kenny flooded in my mind, and I felt even worse. But then, I thought of what he did, and how he lied, and the anger in me was ready to burst. When we both finally looked at each other, I snapped.

"You know, you really have a lot of freaking nerve, lying to me and not--" Initially, when I started yelling at him, I expected the reason for him cutting me off would be because he was going to yell at me first to prove a point, but the reason I was cut off was something I had definitely not expected. He pushed me back so my back was lying against the couch, and his soft lips crashed into mine, demanding dominance. I was still mad at him, so as much as I anticipated kissing him again, the anger overpowered, and I wanted to slap him silly. "Get the hell off of me!"

I tried to shove him, hit him, and kick him, but Nate's hands had wrapped around my wrists and held them above my head while his legs pinned my own down. There was no escape, and he wasn't ready to let me go just yet. I struggled against him a little more, and when I realized there was no point, I gave in. When I quit fighting, his grip on my arms loosened, and he quit pressing his legs against mine, so I could move a little. I moved my legs, so we were both more comfortable, and then my hands slid out of his grip to clasp around his neck. He rested his hands on either side of me, holding his weight up as he deepened the kiss.

"I'm sorry." He muttered against my lips, and tears brimmed my eyes. For what reason, I didn't know. Maybe it was all the pent-up anger and confusion I had from learning he lied to me. I pulled on his neck to bring him closer, and he slipped one arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Why did you lie to me?" I mumbled back, and he slowly pulled away, gazing into my eyes. He wiped away the stray tear that had escaped my eye, and then his fingers caressed my cheek, his eyes holding all the regret in the world.

"I didn't want to lie, love. I just thought it was the only way I could protect you." Nate whispered, bowing his head. "I knew it was wrong, but I couldn't bear the thought of you being hurt by the truth."

I sighed, pulling him closer, so I could bury my head in his shoulder, and his other arm wrapped around my waist, holding me as close as possible. "I could have handled the truth, Nate. I'm not a kid."