Why I Use Christian and Sophia in My English Stories

A/N: Every week, I have to write a story for English using my vocab words, and most weeks, those stories star Christian and Sophia. Why? Because it's too damn easy to write about them and the stories always crack me up :'D  This is my favorite just because of one line, haha. I just had to share. I have to add this to the story somehow. :'D

***

“Give me that,” Christian hissed. His attempts to wrest the expensive cell phone from my hands failed, and I laughed without contrition.  I never felt bad about messing with Christian. It was Christian. I had told my best friend that I would put a stint on my antics, but this was too easy and too tempting. Surely she would understand?

“What? This?” I asked, waving the cell phone in his face. His hand reached out to snatch it up, but he wasn’t fast enough.

I laughed in his face, wondering how long I could protract this silly game. I only did it because it upset him and entertained me, and that was more than enough for me.

“Are you five years old?” he snapped, stepping back in frustration.

Knowing he would attempt to propagate my alleged childishness and use the repercussions to his advantage, I was quick to reply. “No. I just happen to like seeing that irritated look on your face.”

He smiled sardonically, his overwhelming ego never abating. “I know my face is nice to look at, but you don’t have to go to such extremes to look at it, sweetheart.”

I ignored his presumptuous comment, as I usually did. I was inured to them by now, much to my dismay. Luckily, my ability to spout out witty replies was anything but effete. “Are you kidding me? The last time I saw a face like yours, I fed it a banana.”

He laughed cynically. “Very funny.” There was a long pause before he added, “I’ll be in my trailer practicing my lines if anyone needs me. I’m actually dedicated to my work, unlike someone.” He gave me a pointed look before leaving.

I knew he was overtly suggesting I was indolent, but I was too busy giggling at my latest comeback to care. I knew I was a hard worker when it came down to it, and that was all that mattered.