Chapter Three

Awesome trailer made by Scarlet_Shilouette! So good! Check her thread sky blue graphics out! 

***

Better Than Revenge 

Chapter Three 

Tori had told me what my surprise was three whole days ago, and I still couldn’t believe it. My mind just couldn’t fully process it. It was so surreal. As an aspiring actress, it was my life-long dream to go to either Hollywood or Broadway. I couldn’t believe that dream was actually coming true.

Now, don’t get me wrong. I didn’t have the silly notion that going to Hollywood meant that I would immediately become rich and famous. No. I wasn’t that naïve. I knew that this free ticket to Hollywood was just the beginning. This was just the first step. 

I wouldn’t be going to Hollywood at all if it weren’t for Tori, however. She really was the best friend a girl could have, despite the fact that she was a total Ry-Hard. I couldn’t blame her for that, though. She didn’t know the full story; she didn’t know why I hated him. She didn’t know because I never told her, not because she didn’t care.  

Anyway, Tori’s family went on a family vacation every summer and every four years it became Tori’s turn to pick where they went. Three years ago Tori’s father picked, two years ago Tori’s mother picked, last year Mike picked, and this year it was finally Tori’s turn. 

Tori and Mike each got to bring a friend, and being Tori’s best friend, she obviously chose me. Mike chose his best friend, Lane, every year and every year Tori and I had to put up with Lane and his cheesy pick up lines. It was like a tradition, I supposed. We were used to it. 

Last year, we went to Brazil because Mike had heard that Brazilian girls were gorgeous. One look at Victoria’s Secret supermodel Adriana Lima was enough to convince him of that. Mike thoroughly enjoyed the trip, to say the least. Tori and I also enjoyed ourselves because the Brazilian guys turned out to be just as scorching as the girls. 

Oh, yeah. 

And this year, when it was finally Tori’s turn to pick, she decided on Hollywood, just because she knew it was my dream to go there. Well, that was her biggest reason for choosing Hollywood. I was sure that the thought of running into a celebrity or finding a celebrity’s house was also a reason. As long as that celebrity wasn’t Christian Ryder, I was okay with her forcing me to stalk a few celebrities with her.   

We were scheduled to leave in about two days and I still hadn’t packed. I was still in shock, I guess. I couldn’t believe I was finally going to Hollywood. I knew that I still had a lot of work to do to fulfill my dream, but just being there seemed like it would be so surreal. I was so excited. 

I sighed to myself as I glanced at the clock and read that it was noon. I always slept in during the summer; that was why I refused to get a job in the morning. I always chose second shift. 

I wanted to fall back asleep but I had a lot of things to do that day and I knew that if I fell asleep again, I wouldn’t wake up for at least two more hours. If I was extra tired, I wouldn’t wake up until tomorrow. I once slept through an entire day. The next day was confusing, to say the least… 

“I can’t wait to go to Hollywood, I can’t wait to go to Hollywood,” I sang to myself, jumping around my room. Sometimes I just randomly sang to myself, making up words according to how I felt or what I was doing. I tried to do it in private… most of the time. “I’m gonna be famous, I’m gonna be famous! I’m gonna stalk some celebrities, I’m gonna stalk some celebrities!”