New Alternate Ending to Chapter Fourteen

A/N: This is literally my new favorite scene in this book ever. I gave editing a try last night and it didn't go too badly. I ended up getting rid of the part where Christian sleeps with his baby blanket, sucking his thumb because it's not very.... Christiany. I don't think I'd fully developed his character by that point. What I replaced it with is, well, um.... well, it's definitely more Christiany. 

Hope you enjoy as much as I did, lmfao. xD

(If you don't remember chapter fourteen and I don't blame you, I added a piece before it to remind you, but feel free to go back to the chapter if you need to. Obviously, but whatever.)

***

I went back to my trailer and trailer and stayed there until our lunch break was over. I only stayed in there for about five minutes, although I wished I could have stayed longer. I loved that trailer. It was so big, roomy and mine. I sort of wished I didn’t live close enough to the set to go home to my apartment most nights. The rest of the actors who didn’t live close by stayed in hotels near the set or sometimes they just stayed in their trailers.

I didn’t want to leave Tori out there by herself, though, and I knew I’d miss Tori and her craziness if I didn’t get to come home every night.

We worked until about ten that day, mostly because we extended our breaks more than usual and backed up the work that was supposed to be done by two hours. I considered staying in my trailer that night since I didn’t like driving at night, but when Tori called me excitedly, telling me to hurry up and get home so she could tell me all about her date, I decided against staying altogether.

As I was leaving the set, Nora stopped me. “Hey, can you give this to Christian? He keeps forgetting it and I really need to be someplace right now,” she said, handing me an envelope.

“A love letter, Nora? I’m shocked.”

“Very funny.” She rolled her eyes, but a smile escaped her lips.

“Is he still here?”

“Yes,” she replied, “he and Jake are staying here tonight. They have to be here earlier than usual to practice a couple of scenes.”

“I’ll go give this to him, then.” I didn’t want to visit Christian’s trailer, but I wasn’t going to tell Nora no.

“Thank you,” she said, patting my arm once before dashing away.

With a sigh, I headed towards Christian’s trailer. Out of habit, I didn’t knock. I just barged in. He usually locked the door to avoid this, but today he hadn’t.

When I walked in, what I saw made me scream in absolute horror at the top of my lungs and run out.

Christian cursed loudly behind me, and I heard the clacking of his belt as he pulled up his pants. I didn’t look back and was glad the sounds were fading away. That meant he wasn’t following me. Once I was outside his trailer, I slowed to a walk.

I counted my victories too soon. Christian ran out of his trailer, following me and screaming, “I wasn’t expecting anyone! I swear! I was alone and I got lonely and I didn’t think there would be a problem! F—”

“Okay,” I answered quickly. “That’s cool. Just going to go now. 

“Sorry,” he called out awkwardly.

I didn’t reply, only sped up.

For some reason, he followed me. Why was he following me? “You know, you can stick around if you want and watch—”

Bye, Christian,” I said vehemently, still refusing to turn around. Then I remembered why I was here in the first place and stopped in my tracks, cursing internally.

Discontentedly, I turned back and walked towards Christian.

“So you do want to stick around?” he asked cockily. “I knew you’d come around.”

I almost gagged at the prospect. “No,” I said, grimacing. “The reason I came in the first place was to give you this. Nora told me to.” I held out the envelope, gripping it by the very edge and avoiding Christian’s hand when he grabbed the envelope.

“What? I’m not a leper.”

“I’m not touching your hand.”

“Why no—oh.”

“Yeah, bye,” I said quickly, turning on my heel and speed-walking away. My speedy walk turned into a jog and before I knew it, I was sprinting. I had no idea how I was going to look Christian in the eye during filming tomorrow. This was an emotionally traumatizing occurrence. 

***

LOOOOOOOOL. I should really take this out in the copy I show my parents when it's done.