Chapter 14

My mother is alive. My mother is alive. My mother is alive. My mother-

"Sephora, are you alright?" Lila said.

My mother is alive. Am I okay? My mother is alive. Am I okay?

"Guys, I think she is in shock," Alex said as he shook me slightly.

My mother is alive. Am I okay? I am in shock. My mother is alive. Am I okay? I am in shock.

"Hey guys, the wall is gone," Chris shouted.

Mother is alive. Okay? Shock. Mother is alive. Okay? Shock.

"Thank God. I think we need to take her to High Trainer Globe. Maybe he can snap her out of it," Alex said.

I heard the others agreeing with him but they all sounded far away from me. I felt like I was underwater trying to listen to them but the harder I tried the more I drowned in my new revelation.

My mother is alive.

I felt a pair of hands lifting me off my feet and start moving. I stared straight at the sky, the one constant as my world fell apart.

"What happened to her?"

I know that voice.

"I don't know Caleb. Her mother made an appearance in the training and she just seemed to shut down." I heard Chris say.

Caleb. How is he in the Arena?

High Trainer Globe asked Chris to tell him what happened. Chris narrated the whole story starting from the quicksand and ending at my current state.

"That isn't possible Master Eltelln. The mother of High Master Cronus has been dead for over eight years now. It must have been a trick of the Arena. I really thought High Master Cronus would be able to handle the training, " High Trainer Globe said sadly.

"Sir, I don't think that was part of the training. Sephora's mother said she was 'projecting', " Alex said.

"What?! Are you sure that is what she said?" High Trainer Globe sounded very disturbed.

"Yes sir. We all heard her."

"Father," Caleb said, "it can't be true. If Sephora's mother is truly alive there is no way she would have her powers. The pure energy transfers from one generation to the next."

Caleb is High Trainer Globe's son. He is the next High Trainer.

"You are right son. She can't possibly be alive," said High Trainer Globe.

At these words my energy seemed to race through me, clearing the haze in my head and shocking me out of my trance.

MY MOTHER IS ALIVE!

Everyone whipped around to face me.

Oops. I hadn't realized I had spoken aloud.

I looked up at Alex who was carrying me and asked him if he could please put me down. He did so immediately and took a step back.

I looked at everybody one by one, making sure that I had their attention before I spoke.

"My mother is alive, " I said. Caleb and High Trainer Globe instantly started to argue but I held my hand up causing them to stop.

"I believe that my mother is alive. Looking back, I realise that the energy she was formed from was different from the energy of the Arena." I looked at each of them. My eyes pleaded with them to understand.

"Look Sephora. I know you believe that she is alive but I honestly think you are running on emotions." Caleb said gently.

"I guess the only way to find out is to get the journals, " Luke said matter-of-factly.