Chapter 25- Caleb

"...ninety-nine...one-hundred."

Caleb grunted as he let go of the iron bars in the cell. As soon as his feet touched the ground, he dropped down into a series of push-ups.

"Caleb, you need to take a break," Uncle Dan said watching him with warily.

Caleb ignored his uncle and swiped the sweat off his face. He flipped over to his back and executed several sets of crunches before collapsing on the floor in exhaustion.

"Are you happy now?" Uncle Dan asked.

"Ecstatic," Caleb replied, wincing at the pain.

"So your plan to save Sephora is by exercising yourself to death? Great plan, Caleb," Des called out sarcastically from the back of the cell.

Caleb couldn't take it anymore.

"What else would you have me do, Des? It has been two week since she was taken from us. I promised her that I would get her out, yet here I am, doing the exact same thing I was doing this time last week!"

Caleb took a deep breath trying to reign in his anger.

"I just want to be prepared for any opportunity we may have to get her out of here," he concluded, frustration laced in each word.

Silence descended on the cell.

Caleb got off the floor and started sprinting on the spot.

The last two weeks had been one of the worst in his life. They had spent the whole of the first week looking for ways to get out but with no powers and being so far underground, every plan got shot down. Duke Baxter had really covered all the bases.

Caleb felt a spark of anger at that name.

He could call Duke Baxter a number of things, none of them complimentary, but he was a man of his word. He had kept his promise to Sephora, making sure they were given the best treatment possible. None of them had been subject to any experiments or torture.

Every evening a Hunter would bring a live video of Timmy in his room along with a phone. Uncle Dan would spend most of the time talking to him but would give us a few minutes each.

The group had made a pact not to tell Timmy about Sephora giving herself up for him. They knew it would only make him upset.

"Is that boy working out again?" shouted Bill from the cell down the hall.

"Yep " replied Chris.

"Well, tell him to keep it down," Bill grumbled.

"Oh be quiet, Bill. You don't get abs like his from lying about all the time. That's something you definitely know," sassed Miranda from the other side.

The sound of laughter filled the dungeon.

Caleb couldn't help the smile that broke out across his face .

The only good thing that had happened through these weeks was the bond they had gotten with the other prisoners.

There was nothing like mutual imprisonment that brought people together.

Caleb was just about to shout his reply, when he was interrupted by the sound of several people bounding down the stairs.

"Where is he?" screamed a Hunter.

The dungeon fell silent.

"WHERE IS THE BOY?" repeated the Hunter, banging against several cells.

Nobody responded. This made the Hunter angrier.

"Search every cell in this place." He thrust out his arm in the direction of the cells.