Chapter 24

"So what's the plan to get out of this one?" Chris asked looking around, "Caleb, Luke, Sephora, anybody have an idea?"

No one responded to him.

"So that's it. We're just giving up. After all the crap we've been through, this is how it's going to end?" Chris said angrily.

"What do you want us to do, Chris? We are locked up in this cell with no power," Alex said shrugging.

"The chances of us getting out are less than fifteen per cent. The chances of us getting out alive are less than five percent," Luke piped in, matter-of-factly.

We all glared at him.

"We can't do anything," Uncle Dan said staring at the iron bars.

I turned around to face him, shocked at his words.

"They have my son and until we get him back, we are at their mercy. If we step even an inch out of line, they may take it out on him. I am not willing to risk that," he said in a defeated tone.

His words hit me hard as I realized the truth behind them.

"So that's it. It's hopeless," I said.

A voice from outside the cell spoke.

"There is no such thing as a hopeless situation. It is when we choose to give up that we allow hope to fade," the voice said.

A smile broke out on my face as I recognized the person who spoke.

"Dad, I am glad you didn't lose your wisdom in death. For a second there I thought I would actually be forced to live a life without them," Caleb said dryly.

"I can't leave you to suffer that kind of life, son. What kind of father would I be if I did?" High Trainer Globe replied.

Caleb burst out laughing, a sound that seemed out of place in this dungeon.

"I really missed you Dad," he said.

"You too, sport. Danny, I swear we will get Timmy back," High Trainer Globe said.

Uncle Dan just shrugged and went back to staring.

"Well, wasn't that just touching," said a voice to my left.

My father stepped out from the shadows and walked to our cell. He looked down at me with a smile on his face.

"My, my, how the mighty have fallen?" he said shaking his head mockingly.

I glared up at him, silent.

"You're not talking to me, Sephora. That hurts. Even after I spared your trainer's life, you still manage to hate me. So ungrateful, so like you," he said.

I wasn't in the mood for his usual banter.

"What do you want?" I asked.

My father looked annoyed at being interrupted but shook it off.

"I thought it would be obvious by now dear. I want my daughter back," he said jovially.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Why? I want to know why you want me," I said.

"Well, I suppose I can tell you that now. It's not like you're going anywhere. From the moment your families ran away, the Hunters have been trying to replicate the Cronus formula for your energy. Apparently, it was much more complex than they thought. They quickly realized they needed a sample of the real energy to get the basic building blocks of the formula. But, they obviously couldn't get that because you all decided to disappear. Everything seemed to fall apart before it even started but the Hunters never gave up. Ten years ago, we had a breakthrough. Under my careful watch, we were able to create our own form of energy. It was able to create all the usual powers, and so much more. I was one of the first to try it," he said. His voice had taken on a dream like tone.