Chapter 28

We all stood in shock, reeling from High Trainer Globe's revelation. Suddenly, a loud beep came from Lila's watch.

"Sir, we only have ten minutes left before they light the flame." She said.

High Trainer Glob's face tightened briefly before running out of the room with Luke and Lila hot on his trail. We looked at each other and raced after them.

"With all due respect, G, what is going on?" Chris asked once we had caught up with them.

"After you guys went to save Sephora, Bill sensed the presence of Hunters and warned us about it. We didn't want to divert from the plan but we knew that if we stayed any longer, we would all be killed. So I made the decision to get the prisoners out and come back for you all later. Miranda's cloaking ability helped us to smuggle them out safely." High Trainer Globe said. He was about to continue when Caleb interrupted him.

"Wait, Miranda and Bill have abilities?!" Caleb asked incredulously.

"Yes and not just them. All the prisoners have some sort of power." Lila said excitedly.

"But how is that even possible?" Alex asked.

"We don't know yet but I believe the abilities are a product of the experiments. I think their bodies gained a resistance to the toxic formula after being repeatedly exposed to it and it eventually became a part of them and changed them." said High Trainer Globe.

I was seriously confused by the conversation.

"I am sorry but who are Miranda and Bill?" I asked.

High Trainer Globe held up his hand and led us into a dark hallway.

"We are meeting up with the others here. Caleb, catch Sephora up on what's been going on." He said.

Caleb gave me a quick summary of what had happened over the last two weeks while we waited for High Trainer Globe's other group.

A minute or so passed and I could tell that High Trainer Globe was getting worried. His face was pinched and kept looking at his watch then running his hands through his hair.

"They should be here by now." He muttered.

Suddenly, we heard commotion outside the hall. We all tensed, prepared to spring into action if needed.

The steps were getting louder and louder as they came closer to us. They finally stopped just outside the opening and an elderly couple popped into the hallway.

"I hope y'all weren't planning on leaving this poor old lady stranded? said the woman with a cheeky smile.

"We wouldn't dream of it Miranda." replied Caleb jokingly as he reached out to grab my hand.

Miranda looked confused for a second then her eyes lit up with excitement. She pushed past the other and scooped me up with the strength of a woman half her age.

"You're Caleb's Sephora. From the way he talked about you I knew you were pretty but I didn't imagine you could be this beautiful." She said rapidly.

Caleb's Sephora

I couldn't help but blush at her comments.

Miranda then came close to me and whispered in my ear.

"You're a little bit on the skinny side but a few of my special chicken pies will fix you right up."

I looked at her in shock, surprised she could be so blunt. Before I could say another word Miranda whipped around and stormed up to the man, who I assumed was Bill, was telling High Trainer Globe why their being late was Miranda's fault.

Revealed [UNDERGOING EDITING]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें