Chapter 26- Sephora

I sank to the ground with a gasp. I could feel the blood circulating round my body at a steady pace sending tiny pricks to the tips of my fingers and toes.

Just as I was about to hit the floor, a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist. My body instinctively tensed at the touch as I mentally prepared for the pain that would come. I waited for a few more seconds before realising that something wasn't right.

The person's touch wasn't harsh or mean like many others I had received in the past couple of weeks. The only word to describe it was tender.

Was this a new kind of test?

Ice raced through my veins at the thought. I could feel the panic rising in my chest, threatening to take over.

My heart raced in my chest and my throat began to close up. I let out a whimper as I struggled to breathe.

I pulled my hands close me and curled into myself. I felt tears running down my cheeks and quickly reached up to swipe them away. That's when it hit me.

The handcuffs are gone. I can use my power.

I reached down into myself and called for my power but was met with emptiness. I frantically searched for any sign of it, looking for something, anything.

It's gone.

I couldn't believe it. My one chance at getting away had disappeared. The tears ran down my face even quicker as my body realised my subconscious decision.

I had given up.

I stared blankly at the wall as my mind began to shut down. A comforting darkness crept over me and I happily gave myself to it.

"What have they done to you?"

That voice...I knew that voice.

"C-Caleb?" I stuttered.

Gentle hands slowly turned me around. I looked up into the most amazing pair of green eyes I had ever seen.

"Hey." He said softly

"Hey." I repeated, my voice breaking a little.

We stared at each other for a few more seconds until we were interrupted by the sound of someone clearing their throat.

I broke away from Caleb's gaze and looked over his shoulder and saw Uncle Dan, Alex and Chris smiling sadly at me.

I felt a small spark of happiness grow in me but that quickly gave way to fear.

"You guys need to get out of here. If they catch you, they will kill you or worse. Please get out of here. Get Timmy and leave while you can." I said struggling out of Caleb's arms.

I landed on the floor with little grace and weakly pushed myself to my feet. I wavered slightly as I was hit by a bout of vertigo. Caleb instantly sprung up to his feet and held me steady.

I ignored the tingles that spread through my middle at his touch and looked sternly at each of them.

"You guys shouldn't have risked yourself for me. You should have just gotten out. Did you even think about the consequences? My father won't hesitate to take out his anger on Timmy." I said angrily.

"Calm down Sephora," said Uncle Dan, "Timmy is safely downstairs with Lila and Charles, protecting the other prisoners."

"What about Des?" I asked.

"Des is right here and can certainly take care of herself. But thanks for the concern princess. It makes me feel so freaking special." Des said sarcastically as she walked into the room.