Chapter 8: All because of me

Disclaimer:

THIS CHAPTER DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. I advise you to remember that this bish was stupid in this chapter and I hate myself for it.

He's standing there, looking at us. You can see the hurt in his eyes.

"It's not what it looks like brother.." Christian says while shaking his head.

"Yeah man.. I was going to actually ask her now.. I- if.. well I see your dating each other s- so I mean.."
Hunter turns around and just shakes his head while looking out in the distance.

I stand up and start walking towards him.

"Hunter please. It's n- not wha-"

He turns around and slaps me in the face.
It hurts so badly. He actually used power to slap me. It's not like those small slaps, this ones way worse.

I look up at him in disappointment.

"Oh man no. I didn't mean it I swear I didn't I'm sorry.." Hunter says and walks up to me.
I couldn't believe it.

Christian stands up quickly and goes in front of me, with his arms behind him trying to keep me away from them.

"Why the hell did you do that?! Just stay away from her man! You have no respect for anyone!"

I've got my hand up against my cheek, cooling the pain, which doesn't seem to be helping. I just leave it and put my hand down. I look back at Hunter from behind Christian.
Hunter looks at me and has a face of regret. I shed a tear.

"I really didn't mean it Kyra.. I- I am s- so sorry p- please. I didn't mean it.. not to you." Hunter says with a voice filled with sorrow.

I take one last look at him and walk away with my arms folded.

Christian and Hunter watch me.

"Bloody hell mate.." Christian says to Hunter while walking to catch up with me.

Hunter watches Christian walk after me.
His eyes start to water while walking up to the fence, kicking dirt towards it.
He then sits in the spot I was just in. With his legs spread out and his head in his hands. "What the f*ck has got into me?" He asks himself.

I walk off the oval and to the direction of the Gymnasium.

"Kyra wait." A voice from behind me says.

I stop and turn around.
Christian stops close to me.
I wipe the tears off my face.

"I'm sorry for all that back then.."

He hugs me and I start crying in his arms.

"It's hard. I've liked Hunter for 4 years now. But your just so sweet and kind and lovely.. It's hard knowing both of you like m- me.. I don't know what to do.."

"Shhh.. You don't need to do anything.. I'll work it out with him don't you worry." He says quietly, stroking my hair.

I shake my head.

"It's all because of me. I really don't want you guys being in a- a fight." I say with small sniffles in between every few words.

He stops to think.

"Let me check your cheek." He says while breaking out of the hug.
I tilt my head to the side as he inspects it.

"Does it hurt when I touch it like this..?"
He uses the back of his hand to gently touch my cheek.