Chapter 20: A little talk

Kyra's P.O.V

I wake up.
It's funny because I fall asleep thinking I'm at home, but I'm not. I look to my right and  notice him turned to face me, fast sleeping. Without waking him up, I get out of bed and sit on the chair in the corner of the room. I pick up my phone which was charging and look at the time.
3:47

I know it's late, but it's not late enough to to text Christian. Lucky I have his number.
I start a new message.

Hey Christian
If your sleeping and I wake you up or something I'm sorry.  To be honest I miss our chats. I haven't asked Hunter..

I stop typing, unsure if I should use his nickname instead of his real one. I look up at him, still sleeping. I continue writing.

- Hunter anything yet, sorry but last time he mentioned you and his Dad he wasn't let's say feeling that good. I miss you Christian, I'll try my best.

*Sent*

I re-read my little paragraph and before you could count to three it was delivered.
I go back to the bed and place my phone on the bed side table and snuggle back under the sheets next to Matthew. He moves slightly and naturally, his hand falls into mine.
I now just wait.

Christian's P.O.V
(Slightly earlier)
"Truth or dare man?" I ask Justin.

"Uhh dare." He says.

"Alright. I dare you to go outside and scream randomly in the middle of the oval. Then run back here."
We all start cracking up except for him.

"Oh c'mon mate, it's not that bad." Cole says, lying on the ground while texting at the same time.

"Fine."
Justin stands and exits the tent. We all laugh quietly and follow him, getting ready to snapchat it.
He quickly and quietly walks past the other tents and to the spot we told him to go to. We start to video it and within a few seconds he screams in a high pitched girly voice and we all laugh our heads off while he runs like a giraffe back to us.

A few people start coming out of their tents and some even give the finger. He finally reaches us and goes back into the tent and lays down and laughs.

"How you feel after you just did that with them girls watching you?" Harrison asks, filming him.
Justin uncovers his face and smiles.

"I feel like a beast!" He moves his eyebrows up and down while we all just laugh.

"Alright guys Christian's turn." Dane says.
Dane and Cole are my other friends from another group. They don't know about Hunter and I being somewhat 'related' and all and I don't intend on telling them anyway.

"Dare."
I say instantly. I prepare myself.

He gives a small laugh.
"I dare you to go to the sand pit and draw attention to yourself by singing loudly and drunkly About A Girl by Nirvana." They start laughing.

"That's easy enough." I get up, take my phone and quietly walk all the way to the other side of the oval to where the sand pit was. They followed.
I eventually get there and see a tent near the big tree. I wonder whose it is?

"Um guys there's a tent like right there though.." I continue to stare at it.

"Exactly." Justin says quietly laughing.

I turn to them and look around at all the tents. I take a breathe in.

They get their phones ready,

I start off not to loud.
"I need an easy friend, I do with an ear to lend, I do think you fit this shoe.. uhh something blah... have a clue!"

I get loud now and they start to laugh while snap chatting me.
" I'LL TAKE ADVANTAGE WHILE, YOU HANG ME OUT TO DRY, But I can't see you every night... FREE!"

I stop to laugh and notice lots of people watching me from their tents.

"Sorry people!" I say. You can hear some guys cheering from afar where it's to dark to see but the closer people looked pissed off, and some didn't even care and went back into their tents. I look to the right to where the closest tent was. No one came out of there. Ok?

My mates punch me and try to wrestle me. We all laugh and make our way back.

"You guys go on I'm gonna just go toilet." I say. They all nod and start laughing and jogging back.

I sit down on the hill and take out my phone I notice my screen light up and I read it.

Kyra!?

She actually messaged me? Nice.

I unlock my phone and go on imsg.

Hey Christian
If your sleeping and I wake you up or something I'm sorry.  To be honest I miss our chats. I haven't asked Hunter anything yet, sorry but last time he mentioned you and his Dad he wasn't let's say feeling that good. I miss you Christian, I'll try my best.

I type back pretty much straight away.

Hey Kyra, it's alright don't worry about it. When I see him I'll think of something. Where are you I wanna see you again. I haven't really seen you the past few days. Miss you too.

*Sent*
*Delivered*

*Few minutes later*

Unfortunately I'm not in school, I'm with Hunter at a hotel his uncle owns. We ran away.

My heart fell.
I am one jealous dude right now.

-We are coming back later today.. I wanna see you.

To be honest, she actually stole my heart and I don't know why but never, have I been in love with someone so much like how I am now. I totally respect that she likes Hunter but at the same time I want her to myself.

Oh that's good, hope your enjoying yourselves. I guess I'll see you sometime soon.

Yeah we will. I gtg thanks for the little chat.

No worries see you.

This is when jealously punched me in the face.