Chapter 16: The Performance

Hunter's P.O.V

I hear her name. My word she's gonna be on stage. Everyone starts clapping as she and her friends enter. Wow. Sweet SG that is. I clap for them as I slowly develop a smile on my face. I look at Abe who's making out with this chic of his. I don't get how the teachers don't see him, their everywhere. But a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do right.

Kyra's P.O.V

Omg that's a lot of people but I'm smilin' anyways. I look at Gemma and she takes a seat at her drums, I walk to the front of strange looking at Lauren who's taking a seat at the keyboard. She gives me a nod and I look at the side with the backstage member about to play the music. When she does I look out into the audience. Holy crap. The music plays. (This music has no lyrics in it, it just helps us for when we start to play our instruments. Listening to this song will help understand:)
A light that never comes
- Linkin Park ft Steve Aoki

"Now-" I say "we re-created this song, not using all the instruments and media that Linkin Park and Steve Aoki used, but instead we used drums, keyboard and guitar and it worked out perfectly."

Gemma starts with hitting the drums. (Video of drum cover by the way this is someone else not her as you will tell) ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQdElJT9qqE )

Lauren starts to play on her keyboard when I start playing my electric guitar and they boys start to play along with us. (Keyboard cover) ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1zoKh5O_2M )
(Guitar cover) ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esIblL8i9M8 )
(The actual song was too complex to cover in the book, instead of rapping she sings it, which would basically slow down the song.)

*Joshua leans forward to the mic while strumming on his bass*

"Nah, you don't know me
Lightning above and a fire below me
You cannot catch me, cannot hold me
You cannot stop, much less control me
When it rains, it pours
When the floodgates open, brace your shores
That pressure don't care when it breaks your doors
Say it's all you can take, better take some more"

Lauren also has a microphone next to her which she uses to back up sing.

"(Oh) "(Lauren)
'"Cause I know what it's like to test fate
Had my shoulders pressed with that weight
Stood up strong in spite of that hate

(Oh)
Night gets darkest right before dawn
What don't kill you makes you more strong
And I been waiting for it so long"

Denis stops his drumming for a bit but starts again when I come in the chorus and Lauren back up sings:

"The nights go on
Waiting for a light that never comes"

By this time I find Hunter in the crowd, he's looking at me with amazement. As I sing I can't help but to slowly smile at him, even though the microphones in the way of my mouth, he could see that and smiles along with me.

"I chase the sun
Waiting for a light that never comes
(Oh) (Oh) (Oh)
Waiting for a light that never comes"

Denis starts drumming like he did at the start, hard and I step back from the microphone swaying my body to the beat while playing the guitar. In between my small breaks I look at Lauren and I smile. She looks up at me and smiles back until she looks back at her keys. I look back down at my guitar making sure my fingers are in the right positions. There's a break of singing until Joshua starts to rap again.

"When I was young, they told me, they said
Make your bed, you lie in that bed
A king can only reign 'til instead
There comes that day it's "off with his head"